Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Conroe

Posted By: dtwbcs

Lake Conroe - 06/03/16 03:44 AM

Any good public bank fishing areas that I could try out?
Thanks in advance
Posted By: H-TownCrappieMan

Re: Lake Conroe - 06/03/16 08:05 PM

Only spots I know are off the west end of 1097 bridge where you can walk under the bridge and try and throw towards the first pylon but beware of the boat traffic.

Re: Lake Conroe - 06/03/16 09:04 PM

Thanks
Posted By: TXfisherman12

Re: Lake Conroe - 06/04/16 12:42 AM

There are a bunch of spots on the FM 1375 bridge. You can fish directly under the bridge on both sides, or all along the bank on both north and south sides. Tons of people fish there. With all this water not sure how that might affect bank access. Good luck and let us know how you do!
Posted By: R2Fishing

Re: Lake Conroe - 06/04/16 01:17 AM

Is Conroe open?

Re: Lake Conroe - 06/04/16 01:31 PM

It was closed Memorial Day weekend, but you should still be able to bank it? Though the weather is not looking good for today.....

Re: Lake Conroe - 06/04/16 09:12 PM

Went to the FM1097 bridge, on the wet side. Only about four spots for fishing. So it was full. Went to the wafflehouse and ate then returned to College Station. Guess I'll check out FM1375 next time...

Re: Lake Conroe - 06/05/16 05:18 PM

yes there is plenty of water. Conroe closed for 1 day. It opened the next day. I never hear of Conroe closing until this year and last.

Re: Lake Conroe - 06/08/16 01:11 AM

Google Earth shows the FM1375 to be more promising. At least there is a place to park;but it looks like a good walk to the point of land; the farthest out into the lake.

Re: Lake Conroe - 06/09/16 01:45 PM

You can also try Stowaway marina off of Calvary Rod. I usually take I-45 North to get there. That is a good bank spot when they are spawning.

Re: Lake Conroe - 06/09/16 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By: dtwbcs
Google Earth shows the FM1375 to be more promising. At least there is a place to park;but it looks like a good walk to the point of land; the farthest out into the lake.

Yes, heading west you can park at the bottom of the 'hill' right before you cross the lake. There are a lot of spots on both sides if you walk the road. I would suggest to get there early (around sunrise) and you should have plenty of options. There are also trails that follow along the lake shore and lead to spots.

Re: Lake Conroe - 06/10/16 11:28 PM

Thanks for the advice.... cool
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum