Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing under full moon better or just a myth?

Posted By: lunaticfisherman

Fishing under full moon better or just a myth? - 05/18/16 01:18 AM

This coming weekend is supposed to be the perfect time for a night out fishing. Low winds and dry. They say the best fishing could be during full moon. I am planning on being on the lake Friday late afternoon into Saturday morning. What do you guys think?
PS. I will bank fish, if that makes any difference
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: Fishing under full moon better or just a myth? - 05/18/16 03:39 AM

Full moon is good for fishing. I always do well in spring and summer months. Of course I "deep night" about as much, if not more than most. I seem to do really well on full moons. This time of yr, spawning bluegills and sunfish seem to go nuts on full moon cycles. My experience with white and black bass has been very good on full moons, crappie seem to do better on dark of the moon phases. Have no idea why, just my personal experience, Either way it's win/win! You are on water, fishing bathed in the light of a beautiful full moon. Enough said!

Rudy
Posted By: RussPrater "Bass Commander"

Re: Fishing under full moon better or just a myth? - 05/18/16 04:16 AM

I have experienced incredible bass fishing and sand bass fishing as well under a full moon. I think there is a design to it
Posted By: txbassnewbie

Re: Fishing under full moon better or just a myth? - 05/20/16 02:40 PM

how about fishing under a blue moon
Posted By: bigcheessee

Re: Fishing under full moon better or just a myth? - 05/21/16 07:49 PM

I get skunked on red moons....everytime. The lake is a good place to see it though.
Posted By: reelswift

Re: Fishing under full moon better or just a myth? - 05/22/16 07:15 PM

Full moon is better for me
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Fishing under full moon better or just a myth? - 06/01/16 11:15 PM

I've had kind of a mixed bag and fish the moon like I fish the weather. Bright and sunny I'll throw something with a blade and some flash to catch their eye. Overcast and dark water I'll throw something that can move some water and excite their lateral lines into making them bite. Just my theory, I got no science.

Re: Fishing under full moon better or just a myth? - 06/01/16 11:22 PM

"Blue Moon, you saw me standing alone, . . ." Great '50's doo wap song!
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Fishing under full moon better or just a myth? - 06/02/16 12:03 AM

Blue Moon is just a another new moon to a fish. You know, with their lack of calendars and all, and not having opposable thumbs.

Re: Fishing under full moon better or just a myth? - 06/02/16 12:16 AM

Or access to Oldies Radio
Posted By: Jedfish

Re: Fishing under full moon better or just a myth? - 06/07/16 09:26 PM

Perhaps this will help answer your question. These fish were all caught under a full moon, the first two were in late fall and the third was during the most recent full moon phase...

Posted By: eyeball

Re: Fishing under full moon better or just a myth? - 06/26/16 03:07 PM

Russ, were you fishing with lights and minnows for the whites or were you throwing lures, please?
Posted By: JohnButte

Re: Fishing under full moon better or just a myth? - 06/29/16 06:51 PM

A guy on here wrote a book addressing this. Basically, it makes no difference. However, if you think it does, and you fish more around the full moon, you will catch more fish. Because you are fishing more.

About all the full moon does is make it a little easier to fish at night bc you have more light.
Posted By: Cast

Re: Fishing under full moon better or just a myth? - 06/29/16 07:25 PM

Whatever gives you more confidence will make you a better fisherman. I have great luck fishing purple fire tails Texas rigged because I know I'll catch a bass on the first cast.
Posted By: Fisherman Joe

Re: Fishing under full moon better or just a myth? - 06/29/16 09:32 PM

http://www.solunarforecast.com/solunarcalendar.aspx

I use this calendar as a reference. I only go out when there is 3-4 stars in the calendar and I get great results. I can vouch that I get skunked on 1 star days.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum