Texas Fishing Forum

Lavon Lake and Dam 2016

Posted By: KungFuJimmy

Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/10/16 11:33 PM

rc season done and try lavon dam fishing with my brother .time to move up there before the gate shut down. good luck everybody!!!!! banana
Posted By: MrDang

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/10/16 11:34 PM

nice SIFU!
Posted By: Coffeebreak

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/10/16 11:53 PM

Nice catch
Posted By: ZOMBIE

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/11/16 12:42 AM

Good job Jimmy. clap
Posted By: TxPacker4

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/11/16 03:51 AM

Very nice!
Posted By: nate king

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/11/16 11:46 AM

before the gate shut down? What did you catch them off of? Heading there now.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/11/16 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: nate king
if they shut down the gate no water release.the fishing can't come by there.everybody knew that buddy... realmad

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/11/16 03:26 PM

surf rod, big weighted bobber, and a large jig.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/11/16 08:03 PM

cast close to the third pillar close the other other side of the wall. big sand bass there laugh
Posted By: Shao

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/13/16 02:58 AM

What kind of bait to use when fishing at Lavon Dam.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/13/16 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Shao
What kind of bait to use when fishing at Lavon Dam.

Come on man... Read through the thread.

Originally Posted By: TxPacker4
surf rod, big weighted bobber, and a large jig.
Posted By: kdub#1

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/13/16 07:16 PM

Great advice from a guide^^ Makes me wanna book a trip..

wife
Posted By: UrbanFisherman79

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/13/16 08:53 PM

Thank you Jimmy for inviting me out to the dam this morning. Biggest fish I've caught in my 2 weeks as a fisherman!!! Had a great time!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/13/16 08:53 PM

Not a bad day today. Came out with KFJ and Jamie who is new to fishing. caught a couple of big ones! We used spinners and swimbait. Good color today was gold, silver, and green.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/13/16 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By: UrbanFisherman79

Thank you Jimmy for inviting me out to the dam this morning. Biggest fish I've caught in my 2 weeks as a fisherman!!! Had a great time!

haha nice catch on your first white bass ever! The fight was fun right!?

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/13/16 09:13 PM

Was the first time I have felt a fish fight at all. Now all I can think about is getting back out there and catching more!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/13/16 10:17 PM

Was the first time I have felt a fish fight at all. Now all I can think about is getting back out there and catching more!
omg!!!one more person has the fishing fever!!!good start!!!go!go!!go!!!! banana

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/14/16 12:46 AM

Originally Posted By: kdub#1
Great advice from a guide^^ Makes me wanna book a trip..

wife
It really is great advice. If you read through the thread, you can find some useful information, and POSSIBLY find the answer to your question!

Good job brother! Like Jimmy said, one more's come down with the fever! Enjoy you're newest addiction! There's no cure!
Posted By: 9point

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/14/16 03:00 AM

Awesome job fellas, wait til Jimmy show ya Rowlett creek fishing.You'll be
really hook then. Nice catch by the way thumb
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/14/16 11:54 AM

Nothing like catching MFD! (Mad Fisherman's Disease!) Welcome to the asylum!!!!!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/14/16 05:17 PM

this is my basic gear i use for lake bank fishing.good luck and good fishing everybody!!! fish
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/14/16 06:42 PM

Right on the $ w/ those lil George's!!
Posted By: Redd Man

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/14/16 10:49 PM

Got out with my buddy Kingfisher on Friday and then took my son out and met Kingisher again today. We were into them pretty good yesterday morning until they opened up the dam from about 2300 to 3300 CFS. We were catching some mags then the fish got alot smaller and then totally quit. I was a bit skeptical with that much water being released and how it affected the fish yesterday but we did ok again today. All fish were caught on spinners. They wouldn't hit any plastics and didn't want live shad either. Good job KungFuJimmy, Mr. Dang and UrbanFisherman. Congrats on your first white bass and biggest fish. Be careful though as it is very addictive. fish You were in great company as KFJ and Mr. Dang are first class individuals and fisherman to match. They have much knowledge to share, take advantage of it! Welcome to the club!

Friday

Saturday

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/14/16 11:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Redd Man
Got out with my buddy Kingfisher on Friday and then took my son out and met Kingisher again today. We were into them pretty good yesterday morning until they opened up the dam from about 2300 to 3300 CFS. We were catching some mags then the fish got alot smaller and then totally quit. I was a bit skeptical with that much water being released and how it affected the fish yesterday but we did ok again today. All fish were caught on spinners. They wouldn't hit any plastics and didn't want live shad either. Good job KungFuJimmy, Mr. Dang and UrbanFisherman. Congrats on your first white bass and biggest fish. Be careful though as it is very addictive. fish You were in great company as KFJ and Mr. Dang are first class individuals and fisherman to match. They have much knowledge to share, take advantage of it! Welcome to the club!

Friday

Saturday

woo nice catch redd man hope to see you out there soon!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/15/16 02:26 AM

Those are some nice catches there! Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement, hope to see you all out there sometime soon!! I got the fever, and I got it bad!!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/15/16 10:11 PM

Thanks Jimmy for letting me tagged along. Water current was flowing fast. They weren't biting much but managed to catch some with shad. Ended up with one 15" large mouth, one 13" crappie, and 4 sand bass. It was slow but beautiful day to be out there. Saw MrDang wading and fishing but don't know how he did.
Posted By: PlanoKeith

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/15/16 11:35 PM

Boat is still at shop mad So i went to 78 and got 8 big ones. Released 4 small ones and lost three throwing the hook. Water flowing big and i couldn't get out past the construction fence there so lost a lot of lures. But if i could get it in the strike zone right before the fence BAM eeks they were nailing it. I was using an inline spinner from www.moestackleshop.com.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/15/16 11:43 PM

Nice reports! Fished up by the dam.. No Bueno for me! Couple small sandies, bass, nice size blue, lots of drum! All caught on gay blade lure! If you haven't tried these lures! You missing out
Posted By: Double Dee

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/16/16 01:42 AM

Great catch Keith!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/16/16 04:59 AM

we been doing well there with david and his uncle.16 keeper and release over 30 small one.have fun.he might post the pic soon.good luck and good fishing .go.go.go...!!! banana

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/16/16 11:02 AM

Thanks Mr. Dang. Yeah I'm sure we'll meet up there real soon and continue on the slaying. Way to go Zombie...I see you are putting that new Mr. Twister to some good use. Be safe and tight lines everyone!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/16/16 12:08 PM

Thanks Redd Man for recommending Mr. Twister electric fillet knife. It's working so well that I want to go fishing more often. fish
Posted By: DaBears

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/16/16 02:12 PM

Have you guys seen anyone doing any good on the cats out there?

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/16/16 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By: DaBears
Have you guys seen anyone doing any good on the cats out there?

I haven't seen anyone fishing for them. Normally everyone has been fishing for crappie and/or sandbass.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/16/16 04:06 PM

Last few days everyone is see is fishing for cats on the bottom.. Seen some nice blues pulled out! Sandies are slow.. Shad is their bait of choice

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/17/16 09:50 PM

Caught these Sunday with a white grub at lavon.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/19/16 02:43 AM

today been make a lunch break for lavon dam and lake fishing.caught around 12 to 14 big sand bass all release.size from 12 to 14 inch.shads every where that's right that guy wear the gun with.i guess he scare the shads bite him.ha.ha.ha.. laugh

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/20/16 08:50 PM

Met my buddies Kingfisher and KungFuJimmy out there this morning and Zombie came a bit later. We ended up with 13 keepers and several throwbacks. Zombie was starting to get into them pretty good on live shad when Kingfisher and I left. We also tried at the dam but no luck. Tight lines and be safe everyone!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/21/16 12:05 AM

Good job Redd Man, Kingfisher, and KungFuJimmy. Caught too many little sand bass this morning. Ended up with 6 keeper sand bass and 12 drums that are still swimming. Way too many drums messed with my shad. Maybe better luck next time. Tight lines everyone! flag

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/21/16 05:38 PM

10 Boats fishing at Hybrid Point. All of them skunked... lol even the bank fishermen.

Scouting for a new spot.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/21/16 09:16 PM

look's like the fish been hand out and do bbq there!!!and the fishman got no bite just doing party also!!ha.ha.ha.... banana

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/25/16 09:34 PM

today fishing at lavon caught couple bass look's like this picture .windy 15 mph but we still catch some keeper .most is small thank's david and steve come by!! fish

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/25/16 10:02 PM

It was nice fishing with KungFuJimmy and MrDang today. It was a windy morning and hard to fish. Got enough keepers for dinner tonight.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/25/16 10:23 PM

set up this bike for lake park bank fishing and training how to ride this big boat.after that any fish have a big problem.ha.ha.ha..... banana
Posted By: adrenal888

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/25/16 10:44 PM

Nice! What part of lavon did you guys fished at today, if u don't mind sharing. Thanks

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/26/16 01:10 AM

Nice rides!!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/26/16 10:11 AM

Way to go KFJ, Zombie and Mr. Dang. Wish I could have been out there with you guys. Had to work though. Looks like I won't be able to get out there tomorrow
with all the predicted rain. Will try to get out there Saturday though. Nice rides KFJ. The fish can no longer hide from you. You have them covered by land
and by water. Tight lines and be safe everyone....especially this Memorial Day weekend!!! A good friend of mine and fishing buddy lost his brother last week
to Lake Lewisville! BE SAFE!!!!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/26/16 06:56 PM

today lavon lake morning fishing before raining. hand out with dang and anouin 2 hours.windy action. fish

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/26/16 09:41 PM

what was funny is that the catfish was caught with a spinner. came out only 1.5 hour lots of fish but only some were keepers. still fun catching and release.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/26/16 09:43 PM

Way to go KFJ, Zombie and Mr. Dang. Wish I could have been out there with you guys. Had to work though. Looks like I won't be able to get out there tomorrow
with all the predicted rain. Will try to get out there Saturday though. Nice rides KFJ. The fish can no longer hide from you. You have them covered by land
and by water. Tight lines and be safe everyone....especially this Memorial Day weekend!!! A good friend of mine and fishing buddy lost his brother last week
to Lake Lewisville! BE SAFE!!!!

yes be safe everyone don't let a fishing trip kill you. think smart and be safe. sorry for the loss reddmen.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/26/16 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By: adrenal888
Nice! What part of lavon did you guys fished at today, if u don't mind sharing. Thanks

you can try lavon dam wearing the waders down at the dam and cast as far as possible to the pillars under the train tracks. or go to the spill way on 78. dont let the current drag you out its not good.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/27/16 09:07 PM

Not sure where the 78 spillway is at but i'll try googling for it. Thanks alot for the info and advices bro. Good luck all!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/28/16 11:05 PM

The bite was crazy today at lavon this morning.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/28/16 11:34 PM

KFJ,HighBread,Reddmen and his son joined us today as well.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/29/16 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By: MrDang
The bite was crazy today at lavon this morning.

the people were more crazy than the fish!!!!

banana
Posted By: Fisherman13

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/29/16 02:44 AM

Not sure where the 78 spillway is at but i'll try googling for it. Thanks alot for the info and advices bro. Good luck all!

Its really close to the dam just follow the water south from the dam where it crosses under Hwy 78 and its right there.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/29/16 03:13 PM

Does anyone know how to upload photos in the correct way? I can't change the format of the picture.nice bank fishing party at lavon

fish

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/29/16 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Fisherman13

Its really close to the dam just follow the water south from the dam where it crosses under Hwy 78 and its right there.

Thanks a lot Fisherman13!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/29/16 06:31 PM

Hybrid Point- pretty windy and lots of rain. Cut it short btoday.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/31/16 10:53 AM

After fishing the spillway for a couple of hours I finally noticed KFJ had been trying to contact me to come where he, Mr. Dang, Anou and several others were into the fish hot and heavy. My son and I gathered our stuff, threw it in the truck and made our way up there. It was fun fishing with the group and spending time with my son. I wanted to make it out there the next day but woke up to lightening and rain and decided not to chance it. Great fishing with you guys and looking forward to it again real soon.
Posted By: Hooky_Looky

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/31/16 06:06 PM

After fishing the spillway for a couple of hours I finally noticed KFJ had been trying to contact me to come where he, Mr. Dang, Anou and several others were into the fish hot and heavy. My son and I gathered our stuff, through it in the truck and made our way up there. It was fun fishing with the group and spending time with my son. I wanted to make it out there the next day but woke up to lightening and rain and decided not to chance it. Great fishing with you guys and looking forward to it again real soon.

U missed out today. I fished with kingfisher today. Limited out on magnum sandies.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 05/31/16 09:19 PM

Today not a bad day. Hybrid Point. Mostly 14inches

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/01/16 02:26 AM

nice post and good job banana

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/01/16 10:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Highbread
After fishing the spillway for a couple of hours I finally noticed KFJ had been trying to contact me to come where he, Mr. Dang, Anou and several others were into the fish hot and heavy. My son and I gathered our stuff, through it in the truck and made our way up there. It was fun fishing with the group and spending time with my son. I wanted to make it out there the next day but woke up to lightening and rain and decided not to chance it. Great fishing with you guys and looking forward to it again real soon.

U missed out today. I fished with kingfisher today. Limited out on magnum sandies.

Hey Highbread...yes I know. He was texting me from out there and showing me the pics. He said they were breaking his mono. I guess they were in a feeding frenzy since the pressure was dropping as the storms were on the way. I'm glad you all were able to limit out and get in some good action. I'll be out there on Friday and Saturday if the weather cooperates! Thanks for the info Highbread and see you real soon! Tight lines and be safe everyone!!!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/01/16 10:36 AM

Way to go Mr. Dang. It seems like they were biting all over Lavon yesterday. Kingfisher and Highbread also had fantastic days and limited out on magnums. Unfortunately I had to work and couldn't make it out there and by the time I got off it was lightening and storming. Oh well, I'll be back at it on Friday and Saturday...if the weather permits. It seems everytime I'm off, it rains and when I have to work, you all kill them!!! bang Tight lines and be safe everyone!!!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/01/16 11:19 AM

Way to go Mr. Dang. It seems like they were biting all over Lavon yesterday. Kingfisher and Highbread also had fantastic days and limited out on magnums. Unfortunately I had to work and couldn't make it out there and by the time I got off it was lightening and storming. Oh well, I'll be back at it on Friday and Saturday...if the weather permits. It seems everytime I'm off, it rains and when I have to work, you all kill them!!! bang Tight lines and be safe everyone!!!
I know the feeling. I have a weird work schedule too.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/01/16 03:21 PM

Kingfisher made it out there this morning and had another great day. He said they weren't biting as fast as yesterday but still killed them. He said the water is murky, which is to be expected with all this rain. I just checked...Lavon dam is closed and R.H. is releasing 11000 cfs. Oh well no spillway fishing for a while. Gotta hit some of our "other" spots. fish

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/01/16 07:02 PM

[img]http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics...a30aef33915_zps[/img]

Hey guys, can anyone tell me if the above image is the correct map for Hybrid Point? Thanks

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/01/16 07:22 PM

attention A team and B team!!!after next tuesday to sunday is a good weather and wind for bank fishing.set up your time take action.good luck and good fishing!!! fish

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/01/16 07:27 PM

I know the feeling. I have a weird work schedule too.
you can call in sick to work.but you can't call in sick for fishing!! roflmao

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/01/16 11:55 PM

this is my home made bank fishing bucket.simple and work well fish

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/02/16 01:53 AM

Make me one sifu smile

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/02/16 02:10 AM

Well done kung fu! Great fishing tool! Thanks for sharing

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/02/16 10:04 AM

Great idea KFJ...simple, practical and effective. Now let's patent it and bring it to market. cheers
This would make life so much easier for bank fisherman! I'm with Mr. Dang...make me one. banana

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/02/16 01:03 PM

It's an excellent idea. I made one on Memorial Day after fishing with KFJ.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/02/16 05:09 PM

look's good .this stuff is helpfull banana
Posted By: sand bass man

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/02/16 05:52 PM

i've been on lake side at lavon and haven't been able to really slay them yet. where are you guys on the bank?

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/05/16 04:50 PM

Try brockdale in the early morning.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/05/16 07:29 PM

Tickey creek real slow this morning w/ north wind

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/05/16 07:38 PM

north wind always bad day fishing.try next week south and east wind.it will surprise you roflmao

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/06/16 01:42 AM

Yeah I know... Got to get it in when I can! Anyways.. Cut shad was king this morning.. Not for me. I fished gay blade and slabs from shore.. Bait was hard to come by.. No Bueno for the bankers! Time to get the boat out! Did see some folks in boats north of tickey creek boat ramp slabn em in

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/07/16 07:15 PM

last sunday boat ramp still open and full.after that was closed.good chance for bank fishing man exercise roflmao

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/15/16 01:37 PM

the lake was full water hard to get the spot usually i fishing with. catch 5 of this and 3 sand bass only .2 kayak and 3 boat did good 50 yard from bank. fish

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/15/16 03:32 PM

Good going KFJ. That's a good size eater. I know you don't eat it but if I was with you I'd take it off your hands. food Kingfisher was out there early this morning but said water was to high and couldn't find any shad. They are now releasing 882cfs from Lavon and 1000cfs from Hubbard. Looks like the plan is to take it down slowly. Be safe and tight lines everyone!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/20/16 11:57 AM

Saturday morning it was no good for sandies. My son caught the only one of the trip. We did manage 3 nice crappie and several others that were undersized. We also caught a multitude of largemouths, 4 drum and several redear sunfish. The sandies were no where to be found though. Be safe and tight lines everyone!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/20/16 08:07 PM

Nice crappies! Did u fished at the dam? Stopped by the spillway at 78 today and it was flooded!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/20/16 09:13 PM

this morning went to there late about 8:45 am with smiley catfish.bite slow only catch 10-15 crappie .leave at 11:30am fish

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/21/16 02:24 AM

Good job Redd Man and Kung Fu Jimmy!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/21/16 12:10 PM

We fished the spillway while they were still releasings 870. They started releasing 3000 later on after we left and are still releasing that much.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/21/16 12:12 PM

Way to go KFJ. Nice double and 10 - 15 crappie in 3 hours isn't bad at all.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/21/16 12:13 PM

Thanks Highbread. How have you been my friend? We need to coordinate that trip real soon!!!!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/21/16 01:13 PM

Thanks Highbread. How have you been my friend? We need to coordinate that trip real soon!!!!
I've been busy at work. We definitely need to go. Itchin to fish.
Posted By: smileycntfish

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/21/16 04:43 PM

Yea it was slower yesterday. But sure was fun jimmy!!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/21/16 04:57 PM

just came back home.i been try the other crappie fishing there only caught 6 all release.starting hot they went to deep.nice to meet you there

I've been busy at work. We definitely need to go. Itchin to fish.
fish

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/24/16 02:14 AM

just pick up this sit in side kayak from academy was $200. banana

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/24/16 03:00 AM

Very nice Jimmy. I bought 4 the other day. Hope to fish with you soon. cheers
Posted By: kingfisher17

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/24/16 05:21 AM

Looks like we need to go fishing in our kayaks sometime. Have a kayak fishing party!
Posted By: 1/32oz

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/25/16 04:27 AM

Nice!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 06/25/16 08:41 AM

awesome everyone is getting a kayak!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 07/01/16 04:44 PM

this morning I went kayak fishing under the bridge. i caught and released some lmb,smb,sandy, and crappie.lots of good bites. i had fun testing my new kayak. fish banana bannana2
Posted By: erittmueller

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 07/01/16 06:52 PM

Looks like you will have to have to switch over to the kayak section lol

Eric

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 07/09/16 07:35 PM

Anyone been to fish at the dam
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 07/11/16 06:14 PM

Went out last weekend just to observe and walk the banks. Saw a couple catfish caught from the wall, but nothing much as far as size. Saw a few drum caught from the bank closest to the wall. Down along the banks their were about 5 kids swimming. Guys fishing with stink under a bobber, etc.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 07/11/16 11:24 PM

the weather has been hot and windy,the fish are staying in the deep water,because they don't want be come fish soup.try early morning or night fishing during the full moon .now i'm doing kayak fishing its not windy. fish

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 07/12/16 01:44 AM

Ended up going Sunday afternoon around 12:30-3.. Hit the some sandies.. Caught about 18 ish mostly 10's few keepers.. Let other folks around me take hero pics for themselves w/ there kids then released my pescados! Wish I would of got some pics of the kiddos fat smiles..that made my trip! Few folks bringing in small channels and occasional drum like jj4mel mentioned.. And thanks for the info! saw a guy pullin some crappie w/ minnows on the back side of the wall constantly until a guy pretty much castnet on his bobber?! Until next flood! Good thread!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 07/14/16 05:10 PM

this morning fishing at lavon lake,no shads but bite is ok caught 13-15 only 8 keeper,all release. fish

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 07/16/16 03:50 AM

second evening bank fishing at lavon ,still bite good,but not really big,caught 16 ,8 keeper,all release banana
Posted By: courbple

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 07/19/16 02:34 AM

Hey Jimmy!

I'm moving out of Texas soon and have never caught a hybrid, striper, or sandie.

Could you PM me any good bank fishing locations on Lavon?
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 07/20/16 12:30 PM

Nice fish

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 07/24/16 03:43 AM

today evening fishing at lavon ,still bite good,fish jump every 15 min,not much big one,but fun. fish
Posted By: Nathan_Flovin

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 07/29/16 12:56 AM

Looks like lots of fun down there at the dam. I've been down there fishing for lmb and have done very good. I see people catching tons of sand bass. Does anyone know how to catch lmb when the gates a shut.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 08/19/16 09:05 PM

this is the yesterday evening kayak fishing at lavon little ridge ,9 crappie,5 sand bass and one catfish keeper,bite is pretty good,still alot small but had fun. banana

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 08/20/16 06:17 PM

Nicely done kfj!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 08/25/16 03:03 AM

today evening fishing at lavon with two friends,caught limit for each,south wind 12 mph,bite still good from 5-8 pm used silver slab bottom fishing from bank banana

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 08/25/16 03:38 AM

Yep! Cordell silver spoon w/ cheap feather jig working for me to. Lots of smalls w/ mags mixed. Even some top water mixed in if your lucky to reach them! Pretty much best banking for whites in a minato! The. Then next day no Bueno.? Hey it's fishing! Nice pic kfj!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 08/25/16 07:13 AM

nice catch sifu!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 08/25/16 04:07 PM

Good Job KFJ. Glad to see you are still slaying them.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 08/25/16 11:25 PM

Where have you been fishing Redd Man? smile

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 08/26/16 10:22 AM

Hey MrDang,

I haven't fished in a while now...probably since mid June. What about you? Where have you been fishing?
I see KFJ is still on them at Lavon. My son and I may have to make an afternoon trip out there soon.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 08/28/16 06:03 AM

Hey MrDang,

I haven't fished in a while now...probably since mid June. What about you? Where have you been fishing?
I see KFJ is still on them at Lavon. My son and I may have to make an afternoon trip out there soon.

same its been awhile. too hot! hopefully see yall out there! can't wait till spring again laugh

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 08/30/16 02:24 PM

Hey MrDang,

same its been awhile. too hot! hopefully see yall out there! can't wait till spring again laugh

Yes sir...we can't wait until Spring also. Kingfisher is off to school now but plans to come back on some
weekends to fish with us.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/02/16 03:32 AM

this is yesterday lavon bank fishing after the rain,bite pretty good still a lot small,surprise is i got one crappie,10 inch sandy almost every throw,some is big 12- 14 inch,north east wind 7-8 mph. banana

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/02/16 03:40 AM

Originally Posted By: KungFuJimmy

this is yesterday lavon bank fishing after the rain,bite pretty good still a lot small,surprise is i got one crappie,10 inch sandy almost every throw,some is big 12- 14 inch,north east wind 7-8 mph. banana

What part of Lavon have you been fishing at Mr Jimmy?

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/02/16 04:41 AM

hybird point

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/02/16 05:53 AM

nice catch sifu!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/03/16 02:42 AM

today lavon bank fishing at evening,caught one big size crappie,18 nice size sandy,all release,still too much 10 inch sandy. banana
Posted By: fishing nascar fan

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/03/16 04:52 AM

smile
Posted By: moonriver

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/03/16 05:05 AM

Which park are you fishing at?

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/03/16 04:26 PM

Fishing was awesome early this morning! Lots of schooling close to the bank! Pick a point and they are there.. Fished to points and near the power plant wading. All I can say is sandies are on fire! Btw some guys left a large fish basket near the power plant out flow.. They had ladders with them to fish over the fence and I believe they were in a small white Nissan or Toyota pick up?! Pm me I'll get it to you

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/04/16 02:27 AM

good job buddy,see you around there some time. woot

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/04/16 02:41 PM

Thanks kfj! It was unbelievable! The crazy thing was, I was all by myself all the boats seemed to not notice!? They would (sandies) really erupt like crazy when a boat went by! Silver and blue bomber slab with jig combo was king!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/06/16 06:06 AM

Hey guys...can someone tell me where exactly is hybrid point? Tried googling for the location but no luck. Thanks in advance.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/06/16 10:41 AM

Way to go KFJ. I hate it I wasn't able to meet you out there but I had to go help my friend who had broken down.
That's great the sandies are still quite active and can be caught from the bank. Hopefully this is a sign that
the upcoming spring spawn will be an awesome one. Thanks for all the knowledge and insights you share with us!!!
Tight lines and be safe everyone.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/06/16 03:00 PM

hope to see you there , the fishing still waiting for you buddy. welcome

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/07/16 03:43 AM

this evening bank fishing at lavon ,bite was crazy.stayed 4 hours.caught over 100 sandy,almost every throw,but only can keep 18 sandy,12-14 inch , all give alway ,the other 11 inch or under all throw back. woot

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/07/16 03:20 PM

this evening bank fishing at lavon ,bite was crazy.stayed 4 hours.caught over 100 sandy,almost every throw,but only can keep 18 sandy,12-14 inch , all give alway ,the other 11 inch or under all throw back. woot

That is AWESOME KFJ!!! I hope to make it out there on Friday afternoon. Hopefully the wind will cooperate and we can get into them!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/08/16 02:24 AM

today evening bank fishing ,happy still some forum friend show up,bite still awesome,around 60,keeper 20,all give away. banana

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/08/16 01:32 PM

Great job KFJ...and I see Mr Dang was able to make it too. I can't tell but is that Highbread with the surf rod?
You guys are slaying them. I know Mr. Dang's freezer is overflowing. clap

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/09/16 02:20 AM

No, that's not me or my rod would be bent. lol
Posted By: KillerHuy

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/09/16 06:02 AM

clap great job KFJ, haven't been fishing in months and really getting an itch looking at your post.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/09/16 10:53 AM

No, that's not me or my rod would be bent. lol

LOL...good one buddy. roflmao

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/10/16 03:38 AM

Finally able to make it out and get some fishing in today. Met my good friend and fishing mentor
KungFu Jimmy who was already into them when I showed up. I was fishing with a tandem(swimming shiner
up top and slab on bottom) and stop counting after 10 times I had 2 fish on. Most were undersized
but did end up with 23. It's been months since I last fished(early June) and it felt great to feel
that tug again. Also met Jason and his father for the first time. Nice fishing with you gentlemen
and I look forward to it again real soon! Be safe and tight lines everyone. fish

Posted By: DallasCB4

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/10/16 04:32 AM

was this near 380 bridge?

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/10/16 03:29 PM

attention any new or old fishermen!!!we don't mind share the place and info where we fishing, please keep the place clean and take back your own trash,keep a safe distance for the people who got there before you,be a polite fisherman,good luck and good fishing, soap
Posted By: DallasCB4

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/13/16 06:09 AM

will do thanks bud!!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/13/16 04:09 PM

100% support!

attention any new or old fishermen!!!we don't mind share the place and info where we fishing, please keep the place clean and take back your own trash,keep a safe distance for the people who got there before you,be a polite fisherman,good luck and good fishing, soap

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/15/16 01:56 AM

today evening fishing at lavon by my self,feeling like a home alone,no body there until 7 pm i leave,wind was calm,but caught 4-5 crappie and 13 sandy keeper all release. fish

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/15/16 11:07 AM

Nice one KFJ. I wish I would have caught a few of those along with the sandies when we were out there last week.
It's supposed to rain Friday but my plan is to head out there if it doesn't. I'll txt you before I head that way.
Tight lines and be safe everyone!!!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/22/16 01:38 AM

[img]https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics/usergals/2016/09/full-96036-128672-20160921_152444.today i should not have gone fishing,but i still drop by even 2 hours fishing,no wind and no body there.only me and this guy ,i do big one he do small one,caught 3 crappie and 6 sandy,leave 6 pm . bannana2

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/22/16 01:42 AM

this one get lost hit my bomber sorry!!! bang

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/22/16 10:10 AM

Yeah with no wind it's hard going there. I learned that lesson last Friday. The wind should be much better this Friday.
They are calling for 10 - 15 S/SE wind on Friday so I will definitely meet you out there if you can make it. Thanks for
the update and see you soon my friend! fish
Posted By: fray

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/22/16 01:07 PM

Nice fish

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 09/25/16 07:58 PM

My good friend KungFu Jimmy and I went out on Friday and although the conditions were perfect,
we only managed 3 keepers. We were back out it again on Saturday and had much better luck.
Wind was blowing at a brisk 10 - 14 MPH out of the SouthEast and it was partly cloudy.
Fish were biting on different color slabs, spinners, rooster tails, white/chartreuse
grubs and swimming shiners. There were tons of throwbacks but we did manage to land 18 keepers.
See you again real soon KFJ! fish

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/01/16 02:21 PM

Good job Redd Man. Saw your post and couldn't resist and went out yesterday evening from 7 to 8. Caught about 10 sand bass with 3 keepers with a silver slab.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/01/16 04:49 PM

nice, keep going buddy!!!!! banana
Posted By: Resh

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/01/16 05:36 PM

What's up zombie.... met you last night. Tried it out this morning again, 1 little bass, 1 little sandy and a 13" crappie. Slow going from 7-9am for sure. Good thing the donut store is on the way home banana

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/01/16 08:52 PM

Hey Ryan...it was nice fishing with you last night and thanks for some fishing tips. I'm thinking about taking my kyak out with Kung Fu Jimmy tomorrow morning. Hopefully I can get some luck if I go. Thanks for the report. cheers

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/03/16 04:51 PM

Way to go Zombie...hopefully you and KFJ were able to get some yaking in. Be sure to get out there no later than 2:30 as
that traffic on 78 is a mess after that.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/04/16 12:39 AM

Thanks Redd Man for your advice. Traffic was indeed a big mess on 78. Hopefully they complete fixing the road soon.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/04/16 01:56 AM

they took few years,i guess still take few more years,state no money ,waiting our tax and ticket. roflmao
Posted By: Duckcreek Davy

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/04/16 02:24 AM

Enjoyed fishing with you again today KFJ. Caught a few and had a double today. Haven't had one of those in a while.
I want to commend you for your efforts to keep the lake clean.
Posted By: TxWaterfowler

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/04/16 08:42 PM

Hi guys, I havent been out fishing all year and looking to catch a few sandbass. I've seen mention of Hybrid point, but cant locate that. I am assuming its near the power plant or Lavonia park? If someone could point me in the right direction, it would be a big help.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/05/16 01:54 AM

hybrid point locate was go little ridge park change 489 left turn-487 right turn -964 and parking walk in the bank about 2 min's,good luck and good fishing fish
Posted By: TxWaterfowler

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/05/16 02:29 PM

Thanks!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/05/16 07:00 PM

Fished off pebble beach this morning, haven't spent a lot of time there but the waves would allow it today. Patched up the float tube and this was the initial test run. I didn't sink!

Posted By: Hookinup

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/05/16 11:29 PM

To bad it's a 3 hour drive for me.
If it was closer I'd be on it.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/06/16 07:30 PM

Nice job Reshelman! Can't wait to get back out there. fish

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/10/16 11:38 AM

Met up Friday with my good buddy KungFu Jimmy for a few hours of afternoon fishing. The wind was strong out of the north(at least 15 mph)
and the fish were in a feeding frenzy for several hours. I turned right around and took my son out Saturday morning and we met KFJ out
there. Got there about 7:30 and my son had 3 fish before I could even get situated and make a cast. The bite was off and on as the fish
would move through in waves. It was no where near what it was the day before and there were a great deal of throwbacks. The wind was alot lighter.
Still out of the north but at 6 - 8 mph. The first picture is from Friday and the second is from Saturday. Tight lines and be safe everyone. fish

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/10/16 02:16 PM

after update my phone i can't post the limited pic from last week mon and tues, right now was fall season they come by the bank looking for food all day long before winter,pick up your stuff and go get some feel,good luck and good fishing every one. bannana2

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/11/16 04:57 PM

Float tubed it last night off little ridge, really slow. Ended up with a couple small whites, and then caught 5 keepers on 3 casts... thennn nothing. School must have passed under me and zoomed on. Was a great night out though, calm seas except for the stray bass boats walking

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/11/16 05:51 PM

Yeah no wind, no fish is the rule out there. At least you beat Mr. Skunk! Great for relaxation. Hopefully I'll run into you soon
out there Reshelman. Tight lines and be safe out there!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/11/16 08:55 PM

from right now to next week end is best bank fishing there,set up your time and date for action, they [sandy]are waiting for you!!!!!!! food

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/12/16 12:53 AM

Yes sir redd man! I'll be the dude in the tube dodging the slabs people are launching! roflmao

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/12/16 10:40 AM

I'm surprised I haven't run into you yet but I'm there only on Fridays and Saturdays. I'll be looking for you
from now on. Always great to meet and greet with fellow anglers and all around good people! Tight lines and be safe! fish
Posted By: The_ProFISHional

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/14/16 01:59 AM

Awesome y'all!
Posted By: Fisherman Joe

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/17/16 02:10 PM

Went to Little Ridge yesterday morning and wind was strong coming from the south. Fish the usual spot with 1-2 feet of waves and casting against the wind. Bite was on for an hour or so but lots of throw backs. Manage to keep three magnums before I decided to call it quits. As I walk back (park gates close so you have to brave the hike laugh ), I saw shad boiling on the north side beach. So I threw my usual triple jig rig and BAM! a 17 inch magnum!!! The bite was on! I switched to spinners because I'm silly like that but I kept snagging 4" shad lol. So back I go to the jigs and landed 4 more keepers. Had so much fun, not to mention it's just me and 3 other guys on a group.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/18/16 01:04 AM

good report and nice job buddy,winter is coming soon,the fish need get some shads for pass the season,so they come by the bank.

cheers

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/19/16 10:12 AM

Way to go Joe...yeah it's a nice feeling with a magnum on the other end fighting for his freedom. Thanks for the
update and fishing report. Hopefully I'll cross paths with you out there one day. I always enjoy putting names
to faces with my fellow fishing forum fisherman. Tight lines and be safe out there! fish

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/20/16 02:41 AM

those picture from monday to wednesday bank fishing at lavon,each day spend about 2 and half hours,because the windy help me got limited, the big[ ma ma]also come to the bank check. banana

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/20/16 10:18 AM

AWESOME KungFuJimmy!!! Lots of big mamas I see. Alot more than we had last weekend. They were probably triggered to feed
by the cold front that was approaching. Hopefully they are still hungry on Friday. Not much wind in the forecast for
Friday afternoon/Saturday morning so we may have to work harder for our limits this weekend. See you tomorrow. Tight
lines and be safe everyone! fish

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/20/16 06:43 PM

I'll get caught up with you Reddman and KFJ, this weekend. I've met KFJ and Moon River at the same day once smile

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/21/16 03:03 AM

for here i want to talking about[ moon river sifu] he got a lot of bank fishing what ever fresh or salt water,his fishing equipment and home made stuff was great,i been met him 2 time at lavon,i lose chance for ask him about the fishing experience[upgrade my self],hope can meet him again some where one day. flehan

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/21/16 02:45 PM

I fished with moon river and he has mad skills at jigging for crappie, not to mention his 9-footer G-rod helps a lot smile . He feels those very subtle nibbles and can tell if its a crappie or a sandie lol. I had fun watching and observing him.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/21/16 02:48 PM

Sounds Good Fisherman Joe. I'll be headed out there in about 5 hours. KFJ is meeting me there so hope to see and meet you today!!!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/21/16 03:48 PM

Put my tube in at Clear Lake the other night for about an hour, fished the cove out to the cut in the island. Caught a 12" sandy and a couple bass. Caught the sandy on like my 3rd cast so I thought it was going to be on, he must have been a lone ranger. Caught the 2 bass drop shotting a finesse worm down the rocks on either side of the ramp. Good luck out there this afternoon guys.. thumb

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/23/16 01:48 AM

Great afternoon at lavon. Sandies were chasing shad all over the shallows. Kept the tube in about 12ft of water and went to town, stopped counting after 15 straight casts with a double at one point. Nothing big but all 10-12" keepers.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/23/16 03:28 PM

nice pic and report buddy,the big ma ma still keep come to the bank look for food before winter. fish

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/23/16 03:59 PM

Caught at least 50 this morning 7-9am w/ jig and slab rig. 1/2 were huge keepers but was catch and release due to soccer games. They were super shallow! Find a point facing south cast into the wind and hang on! Lavon is hot!
Posted By: dustinmoorman

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/23/16 06:06 PM

Was out there yesterday morning and got some really fun action at the dam, a bunch of 10-15in sandies, some dink crappies, and a gigantic flathead.

Fun times! Hopefully we get a bunch of good trips outta this fall season.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/23/16 08:35 PM

Little ridge is on fire!!!
Limit this morning. Cast against the wind early in the morning. Then moved on to the north side for some boiling shad. Met a viet guy named B and he will be having fish fry tonight. smile
Posted By: ampfizo

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/24/16 01:24 AM

^^^^ i wont say its on fire.... steady maybe, but not on fire... was out there yesterday morning and today noon... and got a few that was between 10 and 12icnhes... both days... was out maybe 2 to 3 hours.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/24/16 01:30 AM

Lavon is awesome right now! Went back out about 4pm w/ my 15yr old and hammered them from the bank! Bomber yellow slab w/ 3in chart.w/ glitter curly tail ( zooms) has been ripn lips! Go getm

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/24/16 09:23 AM

Excellent reports fellas and I can definitely attest to all the action. We hammered them on Friday but things were alot slower Saturday morning
as the wind was just beginning to change to the south. My buddy Fisherman Joe let me know they were on fire Saturday afternoon, just
as KFJ and I thought they would be. Should be good south wind all week so I'm sure they'll be alot more reports coming in of limits or near
limits being caught. Be courteous to your fellow fisherman, pick up your trash and be safe out there everyone. Tight lines! fish

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/24/16 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: ampfizo
^^^^ i wont say its on fire.... steady maybe, but not on fire... was out there yesterday morning and today noon... and got a few that was between 10 and 12icnhes... both days... was out maybe 2 to 3 hours.
some time the fish wasn't stay only one spot,some time you can see the people got pretty good bite,because they used the right lure ,[chance the color and keep change the spot if bite slow,because we don't have fishing finder,i'll be there fishing after lunch to 3:00pm anf report to you guy's later good luck and good fishing, smile

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/24/16 08:15 PM

Went out around 4pm yesterday as well with my fishing companion, the banks were lined with you guys! Stood there for a few minutes and watched a couple fish get caught then zoomed over to Lavonia again. I quit fishing 5 minutes in because she had 1 or 2 hooked almost every cast, I just took off fish and fixed plastics for about an hour, probably landed around 75.

I did notice the fish were picky with what they would hit, I tossed a few casts with a squarebill, small jerkbait, small topwater and nothing. Tie on a double curly tail jig and you could barely get it in the water.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/24/16 10:00 PM

Okay I stand corrected...Little ridge was not on fire, I was lol...Nope wrong again maybe it's the Thermocline Lures .

I rigged 3 different colors on a 1/64 jig head #4 sickle hook and used a slab at the end...They hit the 3 jigs and sometimes the slab. I was getting triples and doubles for about 30 minutes straight yesterday morning. They were hitting about 5-10 yards from the bank. Suspended retrieve will always get them and once I felt the tug I'll let others to join the frenzy.

Then move to the north side beach after the bite died down around 10 am and slayed them there while they chase shad. I removed the slab and replace jig head with 1/16 so I have casting distance.

Redd Man Slayed them too last Friday and sent me this photo. Which got me inspired to pay LRP a visit smile

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/25/16 01:56 AM

today fishing from bank 11:30 am -3:00pm, a lot shads close to the bank and fish follow about 10-15 foot far,but they most 8-11 inch,still limited 8 big ma ma ,all give away next . buddy

bannana2

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/25/16 02:09 AM

Man I am so pumped up for this weekend! Hope the good times keep coming

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/25/16 02:29 AM

As long as we have some south wind it's game on! The fish are so close to the bank take your kiddos! If they can cast 20yards=$! Go get em & take a kid fishing!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/25/16 02:37 AM

thank's reddman for taking this photo for me from last friday!!!!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/25/16 04:58 PM

Bass fished lavon this morning, not great but not bad either. Thanks to fishin13 for the tip and got on a couple nice ones. Biggest was 2.41 but it inhaled my squarebill.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/25/16 11:12 PM

Way to go Fisherman Joe. Thanks for the tip as I'm looking into the thermocline lures. Anytime KFJ! With all you've shared with me it's the least I could do to show appreciation! Looking forward to Friday and some double big mama hookups my friend! Tight lines and be safe everyone!
Posted By: LFreeman

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/26/16 07:34 PM

Man you guys are tearing them up! I've been getting skunked but I just got back into fishing alot and apparently forgot how lol. I usually lose my patience fairly quickly thinking I don't have the right bait or im doing something wrong.

I think I have all the bait/tackle now to snag these suckers. The last time I was catching sandies was in cedar creek way back in the creek by hwy 274. Was alot different type of fishing.

Thanks to the guy that was unloading your paddle boat earlier today at little ridge around 11pm. He gave me a lot of tips and I really appreciate it!

If you see a guy with a orange/grey backpack and 2 rods, that doesn't look like he knows what he's doing, that's probably me roflmao

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/26/16 09:29 PM

Wow you came all the way from Texoma! I too suck at fishing but I am very observant. I watch people who are catching. How far they cast, what color and type of bait, where and how far the strike happens from the bank, how fast or slow the retrieve etc. Then i start copying them lol. I watched Moon River before and start mimicking his jigging motion and I too start catching...it's okay to be a copycat, as long as you are copying the right cat. I'll be there this weekend either Friday afternoon and hopefully meet with Redd Man and KFJ or Saturday afternoon or Sunday Morning. I'll look for a guy with a orange/grey backpack and 2 rods and say hi! I might give you some plastic lures as souvenir roflmao
Posted By: Glitchmo

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/26/16 09:40 PM

I'll be up there at some point this weekend. The idiot trying to throw flies into the wind is me. frown

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/26/16 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Fisherman Joe
Wow you came all the way from Texoma! I too suck at fishing but I am very observant. I watch people who are catching. How far they cast, what color and type of bait, where and how far the strike happens from the bank, how fast or slow the retrieve etc. Then i start copying them lol. I watched Moon River before and start mimicking his jigging motion and I too start catching...it's okay to be a copycat, as long as you are copying the right cat. I'll be there this weekend either Friday afternoon and hopefully meet with Redd Man and KFJ or Saturday afternoon or Sunday Morning. I'll look for a guy with a orange/grey backpack and 2 rods and say hi! I might give you some plastic lures as souvenir roflmao

Yea i've been trying to do the same... watching and seeing what everyone else is doing/using. Just now got it narrowed down to where I should slay some SB lol. Gonna use a YUM umbrella on one rig and a slab + plastics/jigs on the other.

I might head out there tomorrow morning and see if I can't get a few.

Thanks

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/26/16 10:30 PM

I went there this morning from 9 to 11 and caught 8 under size and 2 above 12" with Creme Spoiler Shad Swimbait. It was slow this morning. I will be out there again this Friday morning and hope to meet some of you. Tight lines fish

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/27/16 01:40 AM

hi ya,me and reddman will be there afternoon on friday,and sunday morning,this two day is good wind at south side,hope will see you guy around there. cheers

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/27/16 01:50 AM

one more tips is if the wind strong to 10 mph,use slab if under 10 mph try to use the rooster tail or blue fox rooter tail,walmart sale a pack for $5:85,it had 5 in pack[ size 2],good luck and good fishing. woot

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/27/16 02:14 AM

Thanks bud! I bought the YUM umbrella light rig. I also have multiple different colored panfish grub and 1/16oz jig heads. I was told that was too small for casting into the wind and it makes sense. I knew I should've bought the bigger yumbrella.

Here is my setup if you guys can give a little guidance:

7'3" bait caster setup w/ 30lb braid
7' spinning rod w/ 20lb braid

Probably gonna head out there early in the morning and bring some rubber boots for once.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/27/16 06:42 PM

Alright I finally didn't get skunked! Only fished for about 1 1/2 hours and caught 1 12" and another nice 20ish". Both on the yumbrella.

So I went and bought the rooster tails you suggested KFJ. Are you talking about just using these as a casting bait or using it as a slab with jigs above it?

I was also told to get some weighted bobbers for casting into the wind. Is this what people mean when they say "suspended retrieve"? Also picked up a pack up 3 way swivels.

Joe, if you don't mind could you show me a picture of your setup with the jigs and everything. I think I have an idea of how to do it but I wanna do it right before I go back out there again.

Since I have 20 and 30lb braid line on both of my poles, should I put a 6-10' leader on there of some mono or floro?

Thanks for all the help guys I appreciate it!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/27/16 07:00 PM

Good work LFreeman. Here's a description and picture of setup. I use 10 lb braid, 2lb diameter on my spinning setup. I put a small float on the braid, then tie a small swivel on the end with a 3' or so flouro leader. I tie 2 jigheads onto the flouro using loops knots so it doesn't tangle. On the end, a 1/2oz or so egg sinker, gets hung up way less than $2 slabs. Can cast it a mile, and also just remove the bobber if you want to bottom bounce. Here's the pic:

Hope it shows up ok

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/27/16 07:24 PM

Another evening bass fishing Lavon, all fish were super tight to rocks, couple of them choked on my squarebill, they were hungry!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/27/16 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Reshelman
Good work LFreeman. Here's a description and picture of setup. I use 10 lb braid, 2lb diameter on my spinning setup. I put a small float on the braid, then tie a small swivel on the end with a 3' or so flouro leader. I tie 2 jigheads onto the flouro using loops knots so it doesn't tangle. On the end, a 1/2oz or so egg sinker, gets hung up way less than $2 slabs. Can cast it a mile, and also just remove the bobber if you want to bottom bounce. Here's the pic:

Hope it shows up ok

Dang that's a good idea...

Love fishing the dam with the slabs on the end of the line... But I end up losing 2-4 per trip on the bushes down there frown

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/27/16 07:35 PM

Thanks alot Reshel! That's exactly what I was looking for. I had the right idea but just wanted to confirm before I look like an idiot lol peep

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/27/16 07:39 PM

You can have 2-3 jigs inline like a sabiki rig about 12" apart and then about 18" tie a bomber slab in the end. I like that setup most coz I can jig and bounce off the bottom, drag it slowly or do a faster retrieve for a suspended presentation. Like below only difference is I was using plastic baits that day.

Or you can stay longer in the strike zone using a swivel, weighted bobber and about 3-4' of leader and a jig at the end. HTH. Can't wait to go back there this weekend...

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/27/16 07:43 PM

Does the bobber stay floating in that rig? Seems like that much weight should sink it?

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/27/16 07:47 PM

Thanks Joe! Really appreciate it. Might head back out there tomorrow and see if I can't slay a limit.

Last few times i've been I didn't even have to walk far and they were going crazy about 100yds to the left of the dock hitting hard constantly anywhere from 10ft-50yds from the bank. Mostly up closer to the bank. That's where I caught those 2 today.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/27/16 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Glitchmo
Does the bobber stay floating in that rig? Seems like that much weight should sink it?

It "floats" if you keep it moving, if you just let it sit there it sinks real slow. It floats well enough that a fish strike will sink it though.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/27/16 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Reshelman
Originally Posted By: Glitchmo

It "floats" if you keep it moving, if you just let it sit there it sinks real slow. It floats well enough that a fish strike will sink it though.

Sounds perfect, then. Thanks.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/27/16 10:57 PM

reshelman you fishing with boat or kayak there?my friends been caught nice crappie under the train bridge from bank ,they staring bite because temperature drop.

So I went and bought the rooster tails you suggested KFJ. Are you talking about just using these as a casting bait or using it as a slab with jigs above it? lfreeman,you are right ,you can use it both way. woot

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/28/16 04:56 AM

Fishing with a float tube KFJ, can't travel too far but makes it easier to get out to some fish thumb

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/28/16 11:26 AM

Excited about trying some new setups tomorrow at the dam woot

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/28/16 05:40 PM

Nice set up!

Originally Posted By: Fisherman Joe

You can have 2-3 jigs inline like a sabiki rig about 12" apart and then about 18" tie a bomber slab in the end. I like that setup most coz I can jig and bounce off the bottom, drag it slowly or do a faster retrieve for a suspended presentation. Like below only difference is I was using plastic baits that day.

Or you can stay longer in the strike zone using a swivel, weighted bobber and about 3-4' of leader and a jig at the end. HTH. Can't wait to go back there this weekend...

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/28/16 06:38 PM

Finally found them this morning after many times going there. I lost count after 25. All catch and release.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/28/16 06:48 PM

I'm on my way swooosshhh bolt roflmao

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/28/16 10:01 PM

What kind of knots are you guys using to attach your jig line to your main line/leader? I couldn't get it to work for the life of me. Also what size lb mono or flouro?

Thanks to KFJ for recommending the rooster tails... I caught probably 20+ today just on those, 10-30ft off the bank. Lots of smaller ones ones but I probably could've kept some of them. Went home with 3 nice keepers, i'll take it.

KFJ showed up as I was leaving and I got to chat with him and another guy for a few mins and got a few more tips. I'll take all I can get right now lol !

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/28/16 11:58 PM

All you need to do is tie on a slab w/ bearing swivel then about 12 inch up a snap swivel w/ a #4 hook ( or hook of your choice) then add a curly tail of your choice=lipripn! Keep it simple!? In my area wind dictates how aggressive they are and location along the bank.? Sometimes on the flat,point,close to the bank or ways out.? If you find them??? Knots or lures make no difference! I watch for disturbances in the water while working my set up back in. I see one swirl I cast to it and almost always get 5-10 out of the swirl. That's what's been working for me! Good stuff guys and nice thread kfj. Go getem

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/29/16 12:41 AM

nice post and good hit buddy,me and reddman both caught limited at noon before more people come,he might post the picture later ,and happy to met some forum friends at parking lot.good job every body!!!! banana

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/29/16 12:58 AM

Thanks ledeez. I figured out another way too.

Damn KFJ! I left around 11pm when you just got there, so it didn't take yall long to get those limits.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/29/16 01:58 AM

Yes they were on fire and lots of magnums. KFJ and I got into them hot and heavy.
After getting my limit I kept fishing and culled smaller fish. I wasn't keeping 10 inchers anyway so the fish I was culling were about 11 inches. They are already filleted and just finished eating some with some crawfish jambalaya. Yes I'm from Louisiana...New Orleans!

Plan to bring my son and meet KFJ and Kingfisher tomorrow. Tight lines and be safe everyone!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/29/16 05:19 AM

You may not know that culling is not allowed.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/29/16 09:33 AM

Originally Posted By: moonriver

Wow...really? No sir I did not know that wasn't allowed on Lavon. The only place I know that it wasn't allowed was at Denison Dam.

I've looked all over and never saw that restriction for any place else. THANK YOU MoonRiver! Would you happen to know where I can find that in the annual or on the website so I can familiarize myself with the rule exactly and know to which lakes that apply?

That's one thing I love about the forum, fisherman giving advice and sharing knowledge! Tight lines and be safe everyone!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/29/16 03:35 PM

Easy loop knot with no swivels

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mC3VeDWbr6E

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/29/16 07:05 PM

Yup that's the way i'm doing it Reshel.

Wen't back out there today and it was crazy packed! Had 2 young ones and my wife with me, all needing help with something constantly so I didn't dare go out to the point lol! Just stayed close to the parking lot and caught a few.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/29/16 10:29 PM

Was out there for the second time this morning -- and actually caught some fish this time!

Got several on the slab/jig combo, including one 14" fish. Kept three for dinner, then switched to fly gear. Best fly for me was a chartreuse/white clouser. Fish were biting along both sides of the shoreline, and I landed a total of 20 or so.

Thanks to everyone in this thread. You've all been very generous with information and advice.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/30/16 12:00 AM

Hi Glitchmo,

Did you have on the blue shirt today? If so, you were fishing right to the left of my son and I. We both had on waders and camo hats...his was the baseball and mine was the sun hat. I was impressed to see you working the fly rod in that strong south wind. That was impressive. We were into them pretty good where we were. I ended up with 20 keepers and my son had 14. Tons of throwbacks though. Still a very good day! Hope to chat with you next time. Tight lines and be safe everyone! fish

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/30/16 01:05 AM

Yep! Blue shirt was me.

Throwing a fly upwind was pretty tough, fly fishing was wayyyyy better on the lee side. I kinda just wanted to see if I could even throw it upwind.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/30/16 01:26 AM

Wow! That gourmet food looks delicious. It makes me feel hungry food

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/30/16 02:22 AM

happy to know new or old forum people got a good time and fun for bank fishing there today,forgot to say hi to every one,because busy for big ma ma,they all stay 50 foot from bank,only caught 17 this morning,form 12-15 inch keeper,under that size all release. king fisher next by me caught 32,after we done give all to the new coming people. welcome

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/30/16 08:29 PM

Went after crappies today instead of sandies on Lavon. Still need some work, caught 20 or so with 3 big keepers. Jigs tipped with minnows worked best.

Yum yum food

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/30/16 11:54 PM

I used this setup this morning.

And I had a blast catching those big mommas. I got a double of these big guns one on the slab and one on red. They are hitting "RED" most of the time. I decided to keep a few for the frying pan.

I think I'm beginning to like the hand tied jigs. They survive a beating and last longer than plastic lures. I'm going to tie some more and try them on next time. Nothing like catching fish on a lure you made.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/31/16 05:26 AM

very nice hand tied jigs! thumb

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/31/16 11:51 AM

Your personally tied jigs are to be admired and appear to be deadly! I'm impressed buddy! flehan
We definitely have to coordinate our schedules and meet up and get some fishing in. KungFu Jimmy and
I are generally out there every Friday and Saturday and he's out there almost daily! Tight lines and
be safe everyone! fish

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/31/16 01:35 PM

very nice hand tied jigs! thumb

Sifu, you need to teach me how to catch them sac-a-Lait.

Your personally tied jigs are to be admired and appear to be deadly! I'm impressed buddy! flehan
We definitely have to coordinate our schedules and meet up and get some fishing in. KungFu Jimmy and
I are generally out there every Friday and Saturday and he's out there almost daily! Tight lines and
be safe everyone! fish

Yeah buddy, this meeting at the bank is long overdue. I'll have to make time one Friday afternoon to meet you guys.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/31/16 02:25 PM

from last saturday to this friday every day volunteer 4 hr's for vote [gary stuard],so that will be make me fishing less,hope you guy's good luck and good fishing!! offtopic

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/31/16 03:01 PM

I hit up the dam on Saturday morning, great action! Tons of crappie were out there, mostly dinks. Caught 20 fish total, but only went home with one good fat slab crappie and two decent sized sandies.

Still great fun, saw one of the sandies in about 3-4 ft of water patrolling, cast the jig just about 12 feet behind him and slowly reeled it past him, had him see it, then gave a small chase and saw him crush it only 10 feet from the boat!

Amazing, amazing, amazing. First time I have ever witnessed a strike that wasn't a topwater explosion.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 10/31/16 03:54 PM

Wow...really? No sir I did not know that wasn't allowed on Lavon. The only place I know that it wasn't allowed was at Denison Dam.

I've looked all over and never saw that restriction for any place else. THANK YOU MoonRiver! Would you happen to know where I can find that in the annual or on the website so I can familiarize myself with the rule exactly and know to which lakes that apply?

That's one thing I love about the forum, fisherman giving advice and sharing knowledge! Tight lines and be safe everyone!

Here's what the headquarters in Austin responded to me about culling....

There are only a few places where culling is illegal. They are:

Lake Texoma: It is not allowed to cull striped and hybrid striped bass. You can catch-and-release, but once you've put it on a stringer or in a livewell, you're keeping it. No minimum length on this lake; you can keep up to 10 fish per day, only two of which can be 20 inches or longer.

Lake O' the Pines and Lake Fork, in winter (December - February): if you're catching crappie, you're required keep every one you catch, up to your daily limit of 25.

Except for those cases, it's legal to release a fish that's still alive, as long as you don't have more than your daily bag limit at any time.
You can look up lake-specific regulations on the Outdoor Annual mobile app or at http://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outdoo...-and-exceptions

Dyanne Fry Cortez
Web Coordinator, Inland Fisheries Division
Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
(512) 389-8055

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/01/16 01:29 AM

this for today fishing from 11:00 am to 2:pm limited,happy to see forum friend's credit and cesar smiley catfish,they caught about 18 from early morning. laugh
Posted By: smileycntfish

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/01/16 01:47 AM

Sure is fun catching those sandies bud!!! Great seeing you Jimmy. Hope to see you out there soon.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/01/16 01:51 AM

Thanks Redd Man for clearing that up. I've been fishing in Texas for decades and didn't know that. I always thought culling was illegal everywhere in Texas. thumb

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/01/16 02:07 AM

this for today fishing from 11:00 am to 2:pm limited,happy to see forum friend's credit and cesar smiley catfish,they caught about 18 from early morning. laugh

Nice haul KFJ! Watch out for Zombie. He'll catch all the fish. Lol

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/02/16 01:56 AM

Planned to go to Denison for stripers but that plan fell through. The crew decided to go to the hot spot and we all did good. Be safe and tight lines everyone. fish

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/09/16 03:12 AM

winter is coming soon,when the water temperature drop to 65 ,that mean is fall fishing season done,[only for sandy,not including crappie] catch the time for wet your line every one,good luck and good fishing!!!!! flag
Posted By: Chris_Moore

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/09/16 03:47 AM

Are y'all catching the crappie under the dam? I've never heard of that!
Posted By: georgeZ

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/11/16 02:41 PM

Hey, guys, I have never been to Lavon but am thinking about going tomorrow. So can you help me with some hotspots? Like hybrid point, dam, etc? A google map would help a lot.
Thanks a million
GZ

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/11/16 08:54 PM

right now the winter season is coming,the bank fishing turn to slowly,but they still bite,you can check about the little ridge park-lavonia park-pebble beach park and hybrid point[489 left turn to 487 all the way to bank]good luck and good fishing. bannana2

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/11/16 11:00 PM

KFJ is right. I went this morning and it was much slower than last week. Only a few fishermen were there. Caught about 10 in 3 hours.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/12/16 03:17 AM

Got to work it sloooow! Close to the bottom. Shad are still shallow. Better later in the morning.. Like around 10ish. Was the report I got. I will possibly hit it early. Temps are getn cooler for sure so yea they maybe moving?! May need to switch up tactics and hit some blues From the bank! All I know is lavon is chocked with bait

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/12/16 08:36 PM

Just got back. Fish started to splash around/show at 930. A little slow early, got a few fly fishing then more consistently on spoons after that. Mostly just over/under 10". Gave a bleeder to the next guys down and released the rest.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/13/16 05:04 AM

this is today fishing with new forum friend[first time fishing with sandy],slowly and small but still had fun for the new angler. welcome

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/14/16 12:24 AM

this is today fishing with new forum friend[first time fishing with sandy
,slowly and small but still had fun for the new angler. welcome

I think that was probably you guys to my left, then -- I was in the blue shirt.

Went back this morning for more of the same until the fish got very picky around 11:30 -- the were still up chasing shad, but didn't want to hit anything I was throwing. Maybe too many naturals in the water. Ended with another 15 or so.

I would expect them to stick around until we get another big temp drop on Fri/Sat.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/14/16 04:10 AM

hi,nice to met you there saturday buddy, when the water temperature drop to 65,it's no good for sandy,they didn't come by the bank much .only the small one .season almost done, hope see you around there next week end. thumb

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/15/16 12:09 AM

today noon fishing from 12-3:30 pm limited ,i pick the noon because sunny and sw wind 9-10 mph. banana

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/15/16 02:46 AM

Nice stringer KFJ!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/15/16 03:39 AM

Nice thumb

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/15/16 04:02 AM

Nice haul KFJ!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/15/16 06:28 AM

Awesome Sifu!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/15/16 09:49 AM

Awesome stringer KFJ....and several Big Mamas in there. fish

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/15/16 06:48 PM

coming this week end is nice weather.i'm sure will get some surprise for sandy bank fishing,hope you guy's can catch this chance.good luck and good fishing,see ya around there. banana

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/16/16 07:45 PM

Fished from 9:30 to 11:30 this morning and caught these. It was slow until about 11am. With the cooler temperature, it's usually slow until 11 or so. All were caught with rooster tail and blue fox. It was fun fishing with KFJ this morning. He might post his catch today.
Posted By: bright

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/22/16 07:23 PM

Got a chance to fish “little ridge park” on last Saturday. I fished from 2pm to 5pm, wind was not too bad, still some waves was challenging. It was my first time fishing there and didn't see much people doing really well, but saw a couple in some stringer. Bites was very light and it was fun to catch them when they challenge me. Certainly challenging to stand in that cold water with no waders (That was stupid). Slabs didn’t work at all, spinners were ok. Ended up with around 15 and it was time to call it a day. Looks like season is kind of over for sand bass and now its time for some crappie.

It was nice to meet my friend Jimmy on the way back to my ride and he was kind enough to give some tips as usual and also given his ice to keep my fish fresh. Great guy. Good to see our fellow fishermen are very serious to keep fishing spots clean
Tight line guys.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/23/16 12:30 AM

today take shot fishing before raining ,south wind 16-17 mph,the sand bass was big 12-15 inch,too bad is they took 2-3 spinner and broke half line,because they fright very strong,force me to go home frown hope after thanksgiving they still come to bank and let you guys take the final day before off season,happy thanksgiving for everybody!!!!!!!

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/23/16 02:43 PM

Nice size.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/23/16 03:09 PM

Heading to LRP Lavon

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/23/16 06:37 PM

we are hoping for some good reports, good luck my friend.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/23/16 06:38 PM

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/24/16 02:24 PM

Yesterday fished 12-3:00, slow bite was on and off, caught 18 and many smaller ones. All caught on blue fox

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/25/16 02:45 AM

Today fished 11:30-2:30 all caught on blue fox spinner. Big ones most of them are 12-17" size

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/25/16 04:38 AM

nice pic,happy thanks giving limited. banana

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/25/16 06:36 AM

thumb

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/26/16 05:31 AM

Wow I see some monster. Now that's how when it is done right.

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/30/16 03:36 AM

Any updates?

Re: Lavon Lake and Dam 2016 - 11/30/16 05:08 AM

after thanks giving the temperature be drop will make the sand bass keep stay deep,even luck to caught some ,i'm sure not big size and less,time to move to the creek or lake mouth for crappie. fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum