Texas Fishing Forum

Any good tanks by SMU?

Posted By: Camosam

Any good tanks by SMU? - 04/07/16 08:05 PM

Any good stock tanks or creeks in the SMU area?
Posted By: erittmueller

Re: Any good tanks by SMU? - 04/07/16 10:49 PM

I love the creeks! Use google maps or earth, most of the creeks even in the urban area hold some nice fish. I live on White Rock Creek and last year pulled out many 4lb bass, 3-5lb cats, and TONS of 9+ inch sunfish even several green sunfish that might have been state records. Virtually every spec of water in the area has fish so go get'em!

Eric
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Any good tanks by SMU? - 04/08/16 03:23 AM

Turtle creek?
Posted By: Piomarine

Re: Any good tanks by SMU? - 04/08/16 04:42 AM

Turtle creek has some really good size buffalo that are right up on shore right now. Saw a whole school of them on Saturday stood right over top of them and they didn't even spook...just didn't have a rod with me...
Posted By: Camosam

Re: Any good tanks by SMU? - 04/08/16 01:58 PM

Sweet. I'm working in the area for the next week. I'll hit them up on my lunch break
Posted By: PondFish

Re: Any good tanks by SMU? - 04/11/16 06:44 PM

Bachman has some good fish. Just watch yourself.
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: Any good tanks by SMU? - 04/12/16 01:27 AM

Lakeside park in Highland Park, a stone's throw from the campus, has some huge black bass on beds right now, right up against the bank. Soft plastics for the bedders, inlines or spinners for the ones still shopping for real estate to set up housekeeping. I hesitate to recommend cranks because that area of Turtle Creek is shallow. From the Dallas Country club spillway, to Avondale drive, good fishing for bass and huge bluegills. Look for the lilly pads which are just starting to make presence known. A real gem of underfished water. Multi Million dollar Old Dallas Money mansions on both sides of the park to gawk at too. Impressive right now with the azaleas in full bloom!

That would be the place i would go to if i was in smu's bailiwick

Rudy
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum