Texas Fishing Forum

So there I was.....

Posted By: HOTFishing

So there I was..... - 03/27/16 03:27 AM

I was not having a good day. Wanted or go fishing this morning but wound taking a chain saw to a couple of trees instead. I asked my wife if she wanted to get something to eat in town when we were done. As we went to Waco she suggested we check some areas around Lake Waco after we eat. Absolutely! We had everything in the truck including our new castable fish finder. We went below the dam about a half mile downstream and found a nice area to try the Deeper fish finder. Third time trying it out and found a few fish with it. So I cast my line out and I was getting a few nibbles but nothing serious. My wife is casting the Deeper and I'm fishing when I hear my wife yell the line broke for the Deeper. $#!? $200 free floating in the Bosque! So, I look around to see if anyone is in a boat or watching. No boat and no one else around. So I strip to my underwear and ease into the river. My wife is going crazy with worry for me, I'm worried I'm going to be out $200! So I swim out and retrieve the Deeper. I get back to shore and as I try to warm up my wife suggests I use my sweatshirt to dry off. I check around again and strip off the underwear. Just then my wife says "Oh look, a turtle!" Did I mention the water temp was 62 degrees! Oh, and the line didn't break, I didn't tie a good knot! Not the best day I've ever had but not the worst either.
Posted By: fishincoach

Re: So there I was..... - 03/27/16 03:39 AM

bang roflmao
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: So there I was..... - 03/27/16 03:49 AM

200 bones! Yea.. I'm going in.. No doubt
Posted By: Cast

Re: So there I was..... - 03/27/16 12:37 PM

So you are the dangerous naked man!
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: So there I was..... - 03/27/16 01:00 PM

Uh-oh!??

Re: So there I was..... - 03/27/16 01:24 PM

Nope, must be a different naked man. I was two hours south.😀
Posted By: Cast

Re: So there I was..... - 03/27/16 02:07 PM

Posting iPhone smilie faces on the forum just don't work. I do it too.

Re: So there I was..... - 03/27/16 02:27 PM

smile
Posted By: Let's go

Re: So there I was..... - 03/27/16 08:29 PM

frkazoid
Posted By: Hotrodjrd

Re: So there I was..... - 03/27/16 11:10 PM

What's this castable depth finder?? It's a depth finder like you have on a boat or something? I've never heard of this.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: So there I was..... - 03/27/16 11:52 PM

Haha thats awesome.

I used to use the smart cast wirless fish finder and threw the transducers on 60lb braid with triple checked knots lol

Re: So there I was..... - 03/28/16 01:24 AM

It's similar to what's on boats except it will use Bluetooth or wifi to connect to your phone or tablet. You download an app, cast the unit into the water, connect to the unit and it will read out just like a regular sonar. These units do not have all the bells and whistles of the boat units but I don't have a boat and I was tired of guessing. They range in cost from about $60 to over $200.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: So there I was..... - 03/28/16 04:51 PM

$200 Bones? I hear ya boss! I`ve dove in for much less.
Posted By: hook-line&sinker

Re: So there I was..... - 03/28/16 08:38 PM

OH look a turtle!... A sure sign you have a very good wife!

Re: So there I was..... - 03/29/16 01:15 AM

Wife and I went to Lake Mexia this afternoon. We're the couple in the boat today. She caught a 12.3" Crappie and 16" Sandie. I got nada. Didn't have to go swimming today so that's a plus. smile
Posted By: ReeceKennedy

Re: So there I was..... - 03/29/16 05:32 PM

I'm going for a swim when I get a lure hung up. $200 deeper? Hold my clothes.
Posted By: blooper961

Re: So there I was..... - 03/29/16 07:16 PM

This thread is useless without pics.
Posted By: mrdvant

Re: So there I was..... - 03/29/16 07:54 PM

What kind of range you getting on your Deeper? I'm only managing about 30 feet, and it's spotty at that range.
Posted By: Bas-ii-tis

Re: So there I was..... - 03/29/16 11:34 PM

I use a Palomar knot on braid #foodforthought

Re: So there I was..... - 03/30/16 02:10 AM

I've gotten to about 40'. Haven't tried casting farther.

I've switched to an improved clinch knot on 17lb braid. So far so good. woot
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum