Texas Fishing Forum

Found a set of keys at Hickory Creek today

Posted By: FishnDenton

Found a set of keys at Hickory Creek today - 03/19/16 10:33 PM

If they are yours shoot me a pm with a description and I will make sure you get them back.
Posted By: Dougthehead

Re: Found a set of keys at Hickory Creek today - 03/20/16 03:44 AM

Next time, rather than take the keys and post it here, make a makeshift sign saying here are your keys with the keys on the sign, or if that isn't possible put them on a stick on the trail, etc., just make them easy to find when they come back to look for them. The person that lost them surely went back to look for them when they couldn't unlock their vehicle and drive home.
Posted By: Grainraiser

Re: Found a set of keys at Hickory Creek today - 03/20/16 04:02 AM

How was the fishing.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Found a set of keys at Hickory Creek today - 03/20/16 04:11 AM

Great idea dough!
Posted By: danwill12

Re: Found a set of keys at Hickory Creek today - 03/20/16 04:14 AM

Maybe those folks didn't need to be driving. Let alone find the keys!
Posted By: FishnDenton

Re: Found a set of keys at Hickory Creek today - 03/20/16 10:56 AM

I made sure the car wasn't still there. Whoever lost them was long gone but thanks for telling me I'm doing this wrong.Can't even try to do the right thing on this forum without someone criticizing you.
Posted By: Hobie_Splash

Re: Found a set of keys at Hickory Creek today - 03/20/16 02:07 PM

FishnDenton,

You're doing the right thing by posting what you found. I did it with a fly rod I found a decade ago and no one claimed it after two years the guy I left it with who owned the tackle store I left it at, gave it to me.

I posted on every fly fishing site in my area at the time and got some responses, but not from the owner.
Posted By: Grainraiser

Re: Found a set of keys at Hickory Creek today - 03/20/16 04:54 PM

Yep you certainly did the right thing. Hopefully they owner is a member here.
Posted By: whiterockjesse

Re: Found a set of keys at Hickory Creek today - 03/20/16 06:55 PM

I think you did good trying to find the owner on here . alot of people come here . i once found a brand new crank bait after the bass guys had a little tourny at the lake and posted it here but no one claimed it . i just ended up giving it to a fellow fisherman cheers
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Found a set of keys at Hickory Creek today - 03/20/16 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Dougthehead
Next time, rather than take the keys and post it here, make a makeshift sign saying here are your keys with the keys on the sign, or if that isn't possible put them on a stick on the trail, etc., just make them easy to find when they come back to look for them. The person that lost them surely went back to look for them when they couldn't unlock their vehicle and drive home.

Posted By: iluvfishin

Re: Found a set of keys at Hickory Creek today - 03/21/16 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Dougthehead

Yup that sounds like the perfect idea. Myself or some crackhead can come along, find the keys and take off with that persons car.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum