Texas Fishing Forum

found the majic spot on Broken Bow

Posted By: O2 Bubbler

found the majic spot on Broken Bow - 03/09/16 05:37 PM

Kept 20 but let over 60 go between three of us. We actually got a little tired of the spot and went looking for crappie.
Posted By: aquaholic1822

Re: found the majic spot on Broken Bow - 03/09/16 05:47 PM

im jealous, I love that lake....Hows it looking?
Posted By: HeavyLead

Re: found the majic spot on Broken Bow - 03/09/16 06:07 PM

Way to go!

Re: found the majic spot on Broken Bow - 03/09/16 06:29 PM

It was looking beautiful; we just beat the rain.

Also decided to try some trout fishing. Tried every little gadget at my disposal (don't do flies). After three hours of seeing fish splash decided I would just try a worm. Landed two fish in about 15 minutes then the wife calls me for breakfast. Man it was tough leaving.

Re: found the majic spot on Broken Bow - 03/09/16 06:29 PM

Thanks Heavy
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: found the majic spot on Broken Bow - 03/09/16 07:34 PM

Nice haul. Good job. thumb
Posted By: MrNovice

Re: found the majic spot on Broken Bow - 03/09/16 07:34 PM

Nice catch Bubbler! You know it was a good day of fishing when your arms are sore the next day.
Posted By: Grainraiser

Re: found the majic spot on Broken Bow - 03/09/16 07:51 PM

Congrats on a great day. It's always nice to leave them biting.

Reggie
Posted By: Fishin&Dishin

Re: found the majic spot on Broken Bow - 03/09/16 08:17 PM

Awesome haul man! Looks like it's worth the drive!

Re: found the majic spot on Broken Bow - 03/09/16 09:48 PM

Yes my arms were sore.......and definitely worth the drive. Love that lake. Water is so clean you can almost take a swim and not have to worry about the toilet paper that flows down RC.
Posted By: moonriver

Re: found the majic spot on Broken Bow - 03/11/16 05:06 PM

WTG!

Re: found the majic spot on Broken Bow - 03/11/16 07:55 PM

Mr Novice........

Its not the sore arms. Its the amount of skin missing on your thumb from grabbing so many fish to remove the lure. These guys bite hard and deep. My thumb felt like rough sandpaper by the end of the day. We were letting the fish swim by the boat hoping they would get off the line without us having to do it.
Posted By: RidgeM

Re: found the majic spot on Broken Bow - 03/11/16 10:59 PM

So this was on the boat and not bank then? I ask because I am headed that way end of this month and where we are taking a guide service, day before we will be banking it.

And I know exactly what you mean about sand paper thumb, 5 years ago we got into a mess of them, you could throw a shoe string and they'd take.
Posted By: KungFuJimmy

Re: found the majic spot on Broken Bow - 03/12/16 02:23 AM

good job buddy!!!time to go back home creek fishing....they waiting for you !!!! fish

Re: found the majic spot on Broken Bow - 03/12/16 01:08 PM

Without telling location....we take a boat up to the headwaters of a creek. Lots of woods in broken bow and some of those boys up in them thar woods ain't to friendly.

We head to the head water and kind of stand ourselves on a sndbar/bank. We might drift a little down the bar but we will troll back up. Basically we were in the same 20 yards of shore.

Point is you could drive to the spot but it takes 20min by boat but over an hour to drive. And those guys that live up in the hills are really scary; the locals say that. When the locals say they are dangerous....I heed the warning.

The fish were all caught casting parallel to the bank and about 10 feet from the shoreline
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum