Texas Fishing Forum

Joe Pool Marina

Posted By: Terek

Joe Pool Marina - 02/22/16 11:16 PM

Went to Joe Pool Marina at the Oasis restaurant and jigged for about 2 hrs., not a bite on jig. Very slow but those who used live minnows got few and they were all good size. One weighted in about 1.7 lbs, one 1.4 and couple big ones broke loose at the surface.
I think Joe Pool will produce magnum crappies this year so coming out if you live near by.
Enjoy!
Posted By: Hotrodjrd

Re: Joe Pool Marina - 02/24/16 12:18 AM

If a cop or game warden see you, you'll get ran off. They don't like people fishing over around the boat ramp.
Posted By: crappieking95

Re: Joe Pool Marina - 02/24/16 12:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Hotrodjrd
If a cop or game warden see you, you'll get ran off. They don't like people fishing over around the boat ramp.
pretty sure he was on the marina. I think he was referring to the oasis as the location of the marina
Posted By: Terek

Re: Joe Pool Marina - 02/24/16 04:09 AM

I was at the marina and Oasis is just the reference; otherwise, people might mistaken with the one at the state park.
Game warden won't mind if you fish around "both sides" any boat ramp, just do not fish at "standing at the ramp" the boat ramp then you are ok. Seen many people fished at Joe Pool in the pass with no issue with game warden.
Posted By: TVB

Re: Joe Pool Marina - 02/24/16 05:18 PM

There are no crappie in Joe Pool. Don't go there.
Posted By: Coffeebreak

Re: Joe Pool Marina - 02/24/16 08:03 PM

That's not true. Caught couple of times half limits from there with in the last two weeks
Posted By: MrNovice

Re: Joe Pool Marina - 02/24/16 08:10 PM

I've caught several of crappie and sandbass from there too from years past. Across from the marina on the concrete peir has produced as well. My favorite is waiting till very dark and letting people clear out then string a lantern out to the middle across the rails on the inside. Enough light to keep fishing and helps attract the little fish, plus draws all the bugs toward the light and away from me.

I'm referring to the marina IN the state park.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum