Texas Fishing Forum

Alton Bridge

Posted By: Moto-Moto

Alton Bridge - 02/21/16 11:59 PM

Anyone able to catch shad down there? I've personally never been.
Posted By: stewage

Re: Alton Bridge - 02/22/16 06:13 AM

There is a good chance of getting your cast net hung up down there. Stick ups and rocks everywhere with the water being this high. Only going to get higher after tonight.

There are tales and whispers that the shad do run up the creek, followed by the crappie and sandbass, but I'm still not sure I believe it!

Re: Alton Bridge - 02/22/16 01:19 PM

Thanks stewage.....I may go check it out this weekend.
Posted By: wheretofish

Re: Alton Bridge - 02/24/16 10:21 PM

This is a good place to check out, if it just rained heavily, I would give it a couple days before going out to let the muddy water clear. It can get really muddy and slippery out there so do be careful. I heard the water is really high this year, in past years I used to walk through the wooded area down the river from where the bridge is looking for quieter spots.
Posted By: Coffeebreak

Re: Alton Bridge - 02/29/16 03:49 PM

Anyone catching there? Any report, fished last Friday, no bite nor any visible fish movements water still muddy
Posted By: HeavyLead

Re: Alton Bridge - 02/29/16 04:02 PM

They have to be in there. Caught sandies and crappie in there a couple of weeks ago before all the rain. The bite was better a little upstream. Elm Fork is still probably the better bet from the bank with Ray Roberts still dumping.
Posted By: Denton Pond Jumper

Re: Alton Bridge - 02/29/16 05:27 PM

Went last week after rain Nothing yet. Went to 2499 today nothing bitting.

Re: Alton Bridge - 03/01/16 11:22 PM

Saw a guy carry about 12 out today from upstream. My first time there....didn't wet a hook. Just checking it out b
Posted By: benp

Re: Alton Bridge - 03/02/16 01:45 AM

upstream? not too many spots with banks that are not steep upstream

Re: Alton Bridge - 03/02/16 04:04 AM

All 3 guys had waders on.

Re: Alton Bridge - 03/02/16 01:08 PM

Was out yesterday and went down stream did not find any then went back past the bridge still nothing yet. Did not see any stringers. But the parking lot was better then half full.
Posted By: Coffeebreak

Re: Alton Bridge - 03/02/16 02:38 PM

Next rain will push them in, upstreem it's hard to go from Alton. If able to cross the creek then might go little upstreem, all those areas atleast over six feet water. Good luck you guys

Re: Alton Bridge - 03/02/16 03:57 PM

I was thinking its for the most part to deep to cross chest waders would be needed. Also I seen some snakes out this last weekend. Watch to for them over the years I have walked up on copper backs on the trails. bolt
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum