Texas Fishing Forum

A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 02/14/16 07:08 PM

The Bass bite has been great all winter long.Myself and Mike(USMC-GY) caught these from three different rivers. Two in the hill country and one in the Southwest. Caught plenty in the 3 to 8 pound range. Soft plastics Chartreuse/Black worked the best for us. Mid Morning bite seems to be the best time however caught a few in the late afternoon. Water bodies are looking very good and this upcoming spring,summer,and fall should produce some super fish. Catching some nice Large Mouth Bass on some super rivers. It just don't get any better. fish

Posted By: Fisherman13

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 02/14/16 10:53 PM

Nice Banker!!!
Posted By: "Old School"

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 02/14/16 10:59 PM

Very nice!
Posted By: ampfizo

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 02/15/16 01:05 AM

Nice

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 02/15/16 01:09 AM

Thanks fisherman 13, Old School,and ampfizo for the replies. cheers It will not be long until those Spring time spinner baits will me making some noise. hooked
Posted By: O.C.A.

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 02/15/16 02:08 AM

Nice
Posted By: musiclife_7

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 02/15/16 06:12 PM

nice work!
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 02/15/16 06:16 PM

hammer Aw man, your really rubbing it in roflmao
Nice catch(s) !!!
Well, up here in NE and N Texas, hasn't been so mild and the dang drought......anyhow, suffice to say it hasn't been that great here.
Rascal.....pea green with envy!!
Good on ya
God Bless
Lee

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 02/17/16 06:08 AM

Thanks O.C.A.,musiclife_7,and Lee for the replies. cheers Love that winter time bass bite. hooked
Posted By: Laker One

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 02/19/16 09:00 PM

Nice fish guys. Been getting some nice ones myself. So far a 7 and 8 pound have been the biggest. Both caught this past January. Catching on ledges and by grass beds.

Side Note: Have you fished any of your hill country spots this year? Also any creek updates?

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 02/21/16 07:04 AM

Bass have been active on all the Hill Country rivers where I have been fishing. Plan on targeting the Bluegill/Sunfish in March. As for the creeks. Fishing was been slow this winter. Picked up a couple of nice Bass and a few nice Bluegill. The bite will pick-up this upcoming spring. Should be a super year. coolio

Side Note: Can use some Rain! thumb

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 02/21/16 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Bass have been active on all the Hill Country rivers where I have been fishing. Plan on targeting the Bluegill/Sunfish in March. As for the creeks. Fishing was been slow this winter. Picked up a couple of nice Bass and a few nice Bluegill. The bite will pick-up this upcoming spring. Should be a super year. coolio

Side Note: Can use some Rain! thumb

Thanks Chuck for the report. I have not fished the creeks yet this year. Been to busy with the river lakes and rivers catching Crappie,White Bass,and Trout. Plan on hitting the Blanco this week. Will post pictures if I do any good. If it is trout I will post em on your trout thread.

Side Note: Looks like we might get that rain. Forecast is saying about 2.25" tonight through Monday.

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 02/23/16 03:31 AM

Thanks for the information Curtis. Forecast is saying about a half inch between 11pm and 1am. We can use it. Got just under a quarter of an inch last night.

Here are a few more Bass caught on both Rivers and Creeks.Got these fishing for Bluegill. hooked

Side Note: All fish were released to fight again. coolio

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 02/24/16 02:54 PM

No problem Chuck. Also nice bass. Plan on doing some creek fishing very soon!

Side Note: Will be posting some Rainbow Trout on your trout thread soon! Still nailing em.
Posted By: TarponFly

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 02/25/16 01:25 AM

Nice job

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 02/26/16 02:23 PM

Thanks Curtis and Carey for the replies. cheers Been catching some very nice bass this year. March and April should be some super months. hooked

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 02/28/16 02:16 PM

The Bass spawn is right around the Corner! March will be a good month.

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 02/29/16 08:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Laker One
The Bass spawn is right around the Corner! March will be a good month.

Yes Sir. March,April,and May should be pretty good. coolio
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 03/01/16 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By: TarponFly
Nice job

Plus #1.

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 03/02/16 03:54 AM

Thanks Gitter for the reply! cheers

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 03/03/16 01:30 PM

Starting to see some nice fish in the creeks. Also the river bite is picking up.

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 03/04/16 02:30 PM

Same here Curtis. Creek bite for bass has picked up. hooked Lost a nice one the other day. bang It through the hook after a nice fight! boxing
Posted By: Sschofield

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 03/05/16 01:40 AM

Great fish man!

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 03/07/16 02:07 PM

Thanks Sschofield for the reply! cheers Love those Bass! hooked
Posted By: Sschofield

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 03/07/16 04:37 PM

Some great looking fish! thumb

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 03/07/16 06:29 PM

Picked up this one this past Saturday fishing a local creek. cheers Was fishing for sunfish and had a small Bluegill hooked when this bass decided it wanted it more than I did. hooked Bass weighed about three pounds and was full of eggs. Bass was released! thumb As for the Bluegill I think it got away! hmmm

Sorry for the "Selfie"! Best I could do! taz

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 03/09/16 12:59 AM

Nice bass Chuck. I have had that happen several times when a bass would take a hooked Bluegill. Goes from one small fight to a big fight in a hurry.

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 03/10/16 03:33 PM

Thanks Curtis! cheers I have caught a few nice bass over the years on hooked Bluegill. hooked

Side Note: A few more bass caught on live night crawlers and jigs! All were released to fight again. Feel free to show off your bass catches. Would love to see them. thumb

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 03/11/16 08:31 PM

Nice fish Chuck! Hopefully things settle down on the river lakes. Would love to start seeing em on nest.

Re: A few for you Bass Lovers! Winter time Bass Bite is Great! - 03/13/16 02:59 AM

Thanks Curtis. cheers Going to take a few days for the area water bodies to clear up! hmmm Gonna be an Awesome bite ahead! Sunnies,Crappie,and LMB! hooked
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum