Texas Fishing Forum

Bank fishing for white bass

Posted By: Inner Sanctum of Slime

Bank fishing for white bass - 02/08/16 03:55 PM

Looking for a good area to bank fish for white bass in the tilden/choke canyon area. Went to the tilden bridge but it was real slow. Does anyone know if they are running in the San Miguel Creek?
Posted By: mikebass78

Re: Bank fishing for white bass - 02/27/16 08:12 PM

wow...700 views...and not one helping...glad to see community helping out...

if i was in SA, i'd find you a spot....geez guys
Posted By: smileycntfish

Re: Bank fishing for white bass - 02/27/16 10:16 PM

Yup that's just how this forum is. Now there is a few people that are good with helping. I wish I knew about that place.
Posted By: Fisherman13

Re: Bank fishing for white bass - 02/27/16 11:43 PM

I viewed the post cause it said white bass from the bank. I have no idea about that area so I can't help. Probably the same for the other 690 or so views it got. If it was more local to the DFW area I might could offer some help but I can't.
Posted By: HeavyLead

Re: Bank fishing for white bass - 02/27/16 11:53 PM

Most of the people on this forum are in North Texas.
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: Bank fishing for white bass - 02/28/16 12:04 AM

If any lakes around you have white bass, walk the feeder creeks. Best I can help. Good luck
Posted By: Resh

Re: Bank fishing for white bass - 02/28/16 12:35 AM

We're in luck mikebass !! We're both from McKinney, what creeks are the whites biting in our area? Thanks for your help in advance
Posted By: Jesse10

Re: Bank fishing for white bass - 02/28/16 03:46 AM

Put in your time! This is spawning time. Fish are in the creeks! They are concentrated.

Re: Bank fishing for white bass - 02/28/16 04:41 AM

I figured since he was so quick to suggest others should share places around San Antonio surely he would be open to rattling off some spots for a fellow mc kinnnean blablabla

But I guess now the joke is outed and he doesn't have to respond. Poo.

Re: Bank fishing for white bass - 02/28/16 04:45 AM

Reshelman do you know how to read??? It clearly states that if he was in SA he would find him a spot.

Re: Bank fishing for white bass - 02/28/16 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: smileycntfish
Reshelman do you know how to read??? It clearly states that if he was in SA he would find him a spot.

Ok smart guy, the point is of course he's all about offering up help in a spot where he can provide none. When the question gets brought closer to home all of a sudden it's crickets. Thanks for interjecting though, I'm going to chalk it up to you just having a bad day. Church is at 10:45 if you'd like to come with me.

Re: Bank fishing for white bass - 02/28/16 04:26 PM

A bad day???lol
Posted By: Aquiles

Re: Bank fishing for white bass - 02/28/16 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Fisherman13
I viewed the post cause it said white bass from the bank. I have no idea about that area so I can't help. Probably the same for the other 690 or so views it got. If it was more local to the DFW area I might could offer some help but I can't.
Hawg

Same, read the post but don't know that area!
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: Bank fishing for white bass - 02/29/16 12:16 AM

Nueces river should still have a good white bass run going, most any river upstream from a fair to middlin size lake should be very good for whites right now. The guadalupe above Canyon lake should be cranking, the pedernales is about to go bonkers. I know that's a drive from Choke Canyon, but almost any river or good sized creek, upstream from most any lake in your area, should be cookin' with white bass runs. We are way up here in north texas, but i used to live in austin, so i know a tiny bit about the hill country rivers and streams, but choke was a bit too south of me even then.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum