Texas Fishing Forum

Samuel Farm

Posted By: doodlecracker

Samuel Farm - 02/06/16 07:39 PM

I used to fish these ponds quite regularly but only been a few times in the past few years. Last few times I've been the ponds have been low and weedy, as well as, very few bites. Is this place done or has anything improved? I miss my old fishing hole but live farther away and don't want to bother fighting off snakes.
Posted By: FishHarder

Re: Samuel Farm - 02/07/16 04:46 PM

They're all high right now from the rains. I don't think they are getting any improvements and certainly not stocked. Dallas wrested control from the Friends of the Farm and the place has gone down hill since. Dallas does not stock it any more with trout. And that makes me extremely sad. It was one of the better places to catch trout.
All the other places I fish get fished better and harder by the GD cormorants or diving birds or what ever the long necked bustards are.
Snakes are more afraid of you than you are of them.They are there but I have never seen a snake at Samuel Farms. I live behind SF and used to fish it a lot too.
Go fish.Good luck.
Let us know how you do.
Posted By: ampfizo

Re: Samuel Farm - 02/08/16 12:35 AM

If its a drive for you..dnt brother....that place is ehhhhh...
Posted By: doodlecracker

Re: Samuel Farm - 02/09/16 02:13 PM

Thanks for the advice! I really don't want to waste my time. That's really unfortunate about this place. It used to be a gem. Hard to find a good pond these days.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum