Texas Fishing Forum

Big Brother is always watching........and its good at times

Posted By: O2 Bubbler

Big Brother is always watching........and its good at times - 02/01/16 03:47 PM

If you are going to commit a crime.........don't brag about it on social media.

http://www.kristv.com/story/31099444/game-wardens-make-big-catch-on-illegal-fishing
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Big Brother is always watching........and its good at times - 02/01/16 04:02 PM

hung
Posted By: RussPrater "Bass Commander"

Re: Big Brother is always watching........and its good at times - 02/01/16 04:46 PM

Lol. I'm not for fishing illegally. But here is my question.....why on God's green earth would you post illegal activity on social media?? Back in my younger days before all this technology, if you did something illegal, you never told a soul and hoped that no one saw. Now today, people are like, " look at me! Give me attention for being a worthless criminal!!"
Posted By: standalone

Re: Big Brother is always watching........and its good at times - 02/01/16 04:49 PM

I reported a now former friend to operation game thief after he posted pictures and bragged about killing 110 dove in 1 day. I would do it again in a heart beat. People like that are just giving the anti-hunter & fishing groups ammo.

Re: Big Brother is always watching........and its good at times - 02/01/16 05:03 PM

I agree. Every male child on this planet grows to adult hood just by the grace of God. We all do something stupid and probably illegal. You go to the grave with only the participants knowing....or the statue of limitation passing.

But overfishing, over hunting, dumping waste, etc just gives PETA a rally. I typically catch and release but I have had the occasional fish swallow a hook so deep that I know I cant remove without killing the fish. They might die with the hook inside but at least there is a better chance living than if I rip their guts out
Posted By: Scott in Flower Mound

Re: Big Brother is always watching........and its good at times - 02/02/16 08:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Bubbler99
I agree. Every male child on this planet grows to adult hood just by the grace of God. We all do something stupid and probably illegal. You go to the grave with only the participants knowing....or the statue of limitation passing.

But overfishing, over hunting, dumping waste, etc just gives PETA a rally?

Completely agree with the first paragraph. I had a few chances to either die, or go to jail in my youth. I'm a good guy now, but took me a while to grow up, for sure.

Who gives a rat's @$$ about PETA? Overfishing, over hunting, and dumping waste is a $hitty act, regardless of what PETA thinks.
Posted By: Bombela

Re: Big Brother is always watching........and its good at times - 02/02/16 10:00 PM

popcorn
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: Big Brother is always watching........and its good at times - 02/03/16 01:07 AM

Originally Posted By: RussPrater "Bass Commander"
Lol. I'm not for fishing illegally. But here is my question.....why on God's green earth would you post illegal activity on social media?? Back in my younger days before all this technology, if you did something illegal, you never told a soul and hoped that no one saw. Now today, people are like, " look at me! Give me attention for being a worthless criminal!!"
hey Russ because they are too stupid not to bottom line. Heck every application I get I go check out their Facebook page before I even give them an interview and some of them have big parties smoking blunts Weed going around and they have no idea how stupid that is Lol. I am actually on the 420 friendly side but if you're so stupid to post it all over the Internet then I have a problem what you do in your private life is your business but when you bring it into everybody's else's life it's a problem. They may or may not learn one day hope those two guys do.
Posted By: Daniel Mtanous

Re: Big Brother is always watching........and its good at times - 02/05/16 07:06 PM

Are those drum fish? Because I thought it was only legal to have 1 per person. That means a heck of a lot more then 11 citations.
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Big Brother is always watching........and its good at times - 02/05/16 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Daniel Mtanous
Are those drum fish? Because I thought it was only legal to have 1 per person. That means a heck of a lot more then 11 citations.

Redfish / red drum.
Posted By: msg_f91

Re: Big Brother is always watching........and its good at times - 02/05/16 07:17 PM

I think you can keep 3 slot reds. Then any over the slot need the tag
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Big Brother is always watching........and its good at times - 02/05/16 08:39 PM

Glad they caught! thumb

Re: Big Brother is always watching........and its good at times - 02/06/16 04:43 PM

Scott in Flower Mound..........

Any distraction while I am fishing is a pain. Even if I am not catching its a pleasure to just bond with my fellow fishermen. Enjoy the water and the fellowship.

Having protesters disrupting my fishing sucks. Have experienced before it can be a real headache. And there will always be people that listen to anyone. I remember growing up in STL and people complained about hunters shooting bambi. Then we had a real bad winter and a lot of dear slowly starved to death.

I never want to give anyone any excuse to disrupt my quiet time; the wife and kids do that enough......which is why I decided to live next to the lake. I can walk in 5 minutes and be at my quiet spot.
Posted By: Scott in Flower Mound

Re: Big Brother is always watching........and its good at times - 02/06/16 07:50 PM

I grew up on a private community lake in East Texas back in the 80's. Those were some great days fishing. I miss those days, and how simple it all seemed back then. I hear ya when you say you need some peace and quiet on the lake. I've never had any animal rights activists demonstrate where I fish. I suppose if I ever saw one (in Texas, that'd be rare), I'd probably get irritated with them too.

Scott in Flower Mound
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum