Texas Fishing Forum

Tawakoni this morning

Posted By: CJ.Skeeter

Tawakoni this morning - 01/30/16 05:40 PM

It's taboo to share fishing detail but we had a good time below the dam today. Caught about 20 sandies, hybrids and a big crappie right off the edge. We fished roadrunner heads and shad type bodies in basic shad colors. Guys on the south side were slaying the fish just about every cast for the first hour of sun but then they slowed down. Just walk up and down the bank, find a spot and toss a line.

There's a lot of people there so it's combat fishing at times. Good luck y'all.
Posted By: Nathan at Fork

Re: Tawakoni this morning - 01/31/16 03:00 AM

There was still a lot of people there at 3pm when I passed by. I fished the public boat ramp by Holiday marina from 3-5:30. Didnt get a bite.
Posted By: I love fishing

Re: Tawakoni this morning - 01/31/16 11:38 AM

Great report. Gotta give that a shot on weekdays.

Re: Tawakoni this morning - 02/02/16 05:16 PM

We are about to head to twok below the spillway for a bit. I got some new swim baits from LFT yesterday and want to try them out.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Tawakoni this morning - 02/02/16 06:17 PM

Good luck! Let us know how you do

Re: Tawakoni this morning - 02/03/16 03:53 AM

IT was rough today. Didnt have any luck below the spillway so we went to uncle ricks to try for some crappie and didnt even get a bite. Aside from one guy who caught two catfish in 4 hours, nobody else caught anything either. Just a slow day.
Posted By: FishHarder

Re: Tawakoni this morning - 02/07/16 04:56 PM

Combat fishing. Lol.
I can picture that easily after having fished the creek all these years.
Posted By: ampfizo

Re: Tawakoni this morning - 02/08/16 12:31 AM

The spillway is hit or miss.... wkends its combat fishing.... from what i been reading, guess thats why i go during the wkdays evening hrs...even then its not to bad... still hit or miss.. but been hitting more then missing at the times u been there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum