Texas Fishing Forum

Bank Fishing Guadalupe (Kerrville/Ingram area)??

Posted By: TXfisherman12

Bank Fishing Guadalupe (Kerrville/Ingram area)?? - 01/20/16 06:05 PM

Hi All,
I am going to be in Ingram this weekend and may get an hour or so to fish the Guadalupe River. I have never been there before so don't know the layout along the Guadalupe River. Not asking for secret spots. Can anyone suggest some public access points for bank fishing? Is the water going to be too cold for wading? I do have neoprene waders.

Thanks in advance for any information.
Posted By: Froghunter

Re: Bank Fishing Guadalupe (Kerrville/Ingram area)?? - 01/21/16 09:40 PM

if you want a HECK of a fishing trip google the shonto ranch. its a high fence ranch on the turtle creek stocked with big bass and trophy rainbow trout. I caught a 24" and 20" trout Tuesday. beautiful place that I really enjoy. cost to get in but the solitude and quality of fish are worth every penny to me. yes they are all stocked fish and all catch and release, but still a good time if you cant get to the rockies to do the real thing.

its not all flyfishing, ultra light tackle with small spinners is what I caught all my fish on.
Posted By: Froghunter

Re: Bank Fishing Guadalupe (Kerrville/Ingram area)?? - 01/21/16 09:48 PM

there is also a park in Kerrville on the guad. looks like lots of public access with a boat ramp too. I did not go is but looked at it real hard from the road. I plan a return trip to fish that area (and shonto) again.
Posted By: FishinASAP

Re: Bank Fishing Guadalupe (Kerrville/Ingram area)?? - 01/21/16 10:28 PM

Go to Louise Hays Park, between Sidney Baker St South and Francisco Lemos St... there's a walk way along that strip of water. Edges are basically drop offs so you're waders won't help, but I've got some black and spotted bass there on small spinners in the past. Nice convenient park.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum