Texas Fishing Forum

Lake level and spring spawn

Posted By: O2 Bubbler

Lake level and spring spawn - 01/15/16 09:35 PM

Ok I am the newby here but God has granted me 52 years on this wonderful earth.

You guys keep saying the fish will be in their normal places when the lakes go down. Unless I am mistaken..........the lakes are "really" loaded. Unless it stops raining............

Spring, for Texas, is here in about late Feb. With the el-nino in effect where is the water going
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Lake level and spring spawn - 01/15/16 11:04 PM

You lost me LOL

Re: Lake level and spring spawn - 01/16/16 12:28 AM

Everyone keeps saying the lakes will go down....but all the feeder lakes and creeks are full and spring rain soon.

Just took a walk Dow Rowlett creek, next block over, and it looks more like a LA bayou.

Saw fish jumping so tomorrow going back with the machete to make me a path
Posted By: Daniel Mtanous

Re: Lake level and spring spawn - 01/17/16 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Bubbler99
Everyone keeps saying the lakes will go down....but all the feeder lakes and creeks are full and spring rain soon.

Just took a walk Dow Rowlett creek, next block over, and it looks more like a LA bayou.

Saw fish jumping so tomorrow going back with the machete to make me a path

That's the spirit! I also want to clear some area with a machete but don't want to get a stink eye that could lead to a ticket. You know how the world is now...

Re: Lake level and spring spawn - 01/17/16 09:09 PM

Just the dead stuff that has already fallen. There is a lot of debris and dead reeds that are in the way.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Lake level and spring spawn - 01/18/16 04:03 AM

My creek is about to be on fire... Love the high wAter levels! That means extended white bass run for my creek!
Posted By: GoldSpoonr

Re: Lake level and spring spawn - 01/20/16 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Ledeez
My creek is about to be on fire... Love the high wAter levels! That means extended white bass run for my creek!

Too much water to get to the creek channel...

I tried yesterday, it was tough
Posted By: HeavyLead

Re: Lake level and spring spawn - 01/20/16 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By: GoldSpoonr
Originally Posted By: Ledeez

Too much water to get to the creek channel...

I tried yesterday, it was tough

That's going to be a problem in a lot of spots unless it just completely stops raining. Waders are going to be necessary this year for lots of folks.

Re: Lake level and spring spawn - 01/20/16 07:47 PM

HeavyLead..........that was my original point. My normally dry spots on RC look like a LA swamp. I used to be able to be able to sneak over and fish but now when I come home with mud all over my shoes its kind of hard to fool the wife.
Posted By: HeavyLead

Re: Lake level and spring spawn - 01/20/16 08:42 PM

Yeah, RC's been that way for a long time towards the south end. Have to wade and be careful where you take your next steps!
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Lake level and spring spawn - 01/20/16 10:14 PM

Most feeder creeks on lavon are close to normal but real muddy! Going scouting this weekend, finally off! I'll report back!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum