Texas Fishing Forum

What time do they stock trout

Posted By: ftwfishing

What time do they stock trout - 11/24/15 01:37 AM

Any specific time or anything like that they stock trout at greenbrier in Fort Worth going tomororw
Posted By: booglerz

Re: What time do they stock trout - 11/24/15 04:49 PM

Hey, Just asked the same question in the fly fishing forum. I plan on going to Greenbriar tomorrow and would like to know as well. I will give them a call shortly and post back what they tell me.
Posted By: booglerz

Re: What time do they stock trout - 11/24/15 04:53 PM

I called TFFC and they said that the trucks should leave out at about 8am and they do not have a defined time that they will be there, but they try to finish before or around noon-ish. I will probably head out around 12-1 and fish until dark laugh
Posted By: Smithaven

Re: What time do they stock trout - 11/24/15 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: George McGown
Any specific time or anything like that they stock trout at greenbrier in Fort Worth going tomororw

They are entirely undependable. Sometimes it is noon, sometimes 5 PM. Be prepared for a long wait. Fish for catfish until they show up. You will have plenty of time to change hooks and bait after the truck arrives.
Posted By: blooper961

Re: What time do they stock trout - 11/24/15 10:44 PM

You need to give the trout a day to settle down.
They are pretty skiddish after being dumped in.
Posted By: Grainraiser

Re: What time do they stock trout - 11/24/15 10:55 PM

Mesquite City Lake stock day Nov 26. Now have something to do other than watch tv all day.

Reggie
Posted By: I-35 North

Re: What time do they stock trout - 11/25/15 05:27 AM

Mesquite City Lake * [Directions] Mesquite 3,160 11/25/2015, 12/23/2015, 1/22/2016, 2/19/2016
Posted By: whitewing maniac

Re: What time do they stock trout - 11/25/15 02:24 PM

Was fixing to ask this question myself. Called Mary Jo Peckham park in Katy and they said they get a call an hour ahead of time from hatchery to open gates. Next call will be to hatchery and see what they say. Will go this evening and early tomorrow
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: What time do they stock trout - 11/25/15 02:35 PM

Originally Posted By: blooper961

hmmm
Posted By: whitewing maniac

Re: What time do they stock trout - 11/25/15 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Smurfs

hmmm

Leaves more time for the big birds to take the fish out of the lake if you wait another day. I've always read on here and on TPW site to hit em on day of stocking.
Posted By: Fisherman13

Re: What time do they stock trout - 11/25/15 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By: whitewing maniac
Originally Posted By: Smurfs

hmmm

Leaves more time for the big birds to take the fish out of the lake if you wait another day. I've always read on here and on TPW site to hit em on day of stocking.

Settle down lol..... I see make everyone think they need to wait a day while your out catching lol.
They are ready to catch ASAP. Last year we were at Bethany Lakes in Allen waiting for the them to stock. We were on the far side of the pond and didn't see the truck show up. My buddy Rob was fishing a crank bait for bass and caught a trout on a huge crank bait.

No kidding either! I saved the pic. Not too skittish roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum