Texas Fishing Forum

Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars.

Posted By: Daniel Mtanous

Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 10/09/15 01:18 AM

The gate is closed but you can park outside of it. Today I went there to fish and someone broke into a guys car. It was just me and him for about 2 hours. It wasn't until someone else arrived and told us that we found out. I left immediately! Shame the bite was good and I had the bait for it...

The time was 11 to 11:30 AM. 10/8/2015

I think I'll wait for the gate to open. Hopefully it will be when Cedar Hill State Park opens.
Posted By: ftabangler13

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 10/09/15 06:04 PM

I don't think they've opened that gate in a long time. Last time I was there, a bunch of guys were yelling and carrying on and smoking weed. Since its corps land you can't carry a gun either. It'll be a cold day in hell when i go back.
Posted By: blooper961

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 10/09/15 07:16 PM

Break ins and pot and drinking has always been a problem there.
If you cannot see your car from the bank. Do not go.
Posted By: Daniel Mtanous

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 10/10/15 01:52 AM

Every time I go to a local park a junky has to arrive shortly after...
Posted By: aquaholic1822

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 10/10/15 06:20 PM

those gates have been closed for years and more than likely will not reopen. Drug deals, drinking, littering and drownings, enough reason to keep them closed
Posted By: River Mongrel

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 10/11/15 09:29 PM

You can legally defend yourself with a pistol. Even if you don't have a permit.
Posted By: Duckcreek Davy

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 10/14/15 12:30 AM

Yeah, but don't get caught on Corp. property (like it really belongs to them) with one. Funny how the government likes to ignore the constitution like it does...and continues to get away with it.
Posted By: sapalmer

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 12/05/15 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By: River Mongrel

And if you are going to shoot someone for breaking into your car you shouldn't carry a gun.
Posted By: YAKaddict

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 12/06/15 01:48 PM

Originally Posted By: sapalmer

And if you are going to shoot someone for breaking into your car you shouldn't carry a gun.

Right , they would learn a better lesson if you just sit back and watch em break into your car....recent studies show that its better if you help them steal your stuff
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 12/06/15 02:15 PM

Why?

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 12/06/15 03:25 PM

Do you really want to shoot and kill someone for stealing stuff out of your car? Do you want to go thru the whole process of the police investigation and face possible criminal charges? What if its a couple of 16 year old kids making dumb choices in life? If you have insurance it will get replaced.

My CHL instructor taught the class how to avoid using our guns in 99% of situations unless it was life or death. Having your stereo, cellphone or whatever taken from your car is not one of those situations. If you can not recognize that you shouldn't carry a gun.

If you shoot someone at 11 AM in the morning for breaking into your car they better have a gun or weapon on them and were a threat to your life or others. If they don't you are going to be in a world of hurt.

Do cops role up on car burglars and start shooting? No.IF they do dont you think they will be facing charges? What makes you think you can and get away with it?

I would rather lose a couple thousand dollars of stuff then have to go to jail, post a bond and pay tens of thousands of dollars in bond and lawyers fees.

Its common sense.

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 12/06/15 03:42 PM

We have different views. I don't work my a** off to buy things i want. Just to let someone else steal them.

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 12/06/15 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Dubee
We have different views. I don't work my a** off to buy things i want. Just to let someone else steal them.

And I am not going to shoot someone who isnt a imminent threat to my life or others.

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 12/06/15 04:06 PM

Good for you.
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 12/06/15 04:26 PM

The people who are advocating shooting someone for breaking into a vehicle, just because they think it's the right thing to do, really need to read the law as it is actually written. You may find yourself in a position that will be a lot more expensive than the GPS that got jacked out of your truck. Even if you hammer down on someone and it was in reality a good shoot, it's going to go to the Grand Jury and the legal expenses just to get no-billed run into the thousands of $$$.

You are a lot better off hiding valuables, making sure your insurance is current and go fishing.

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 12/06/15 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Dubee
Good for you.

everyone is a tough guy from behind a keyboard. Keep working you will need it to pay your legal fee's.
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 12/07/15 12:04 AM

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 12/07/15 12:51 AM

Saying i will defend my property. How does that make me a tough guy behind a computer. I have the right to do so. If i catch someone stealing from me i will use that right. If you want to watch someone steal your property and do nothing that is your right.
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 12/07/15 01:25 AM

popcorn
Posted By: iluvfishin

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 12/07/15 03:41 PM

Lmao
Posted By: xmatador

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 12/07/15 08:37 PM

Going back to the original subject, I heard that break-ins are very common in that area in the past and actually know of someone whose car was broken into earlier this year.
Posted By: Aquiles

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 12/08/15 12:52 AM

Do cops role up on car burglars and start shooting? No.IF they do you think they will be facing charges? What makes you think you can and get away with it?

Watched the news lately ! That is exactly what they do lol and they rarely face charges !

I got to agree steal from me an I'm putting a bullet in you .
Posted By: BillyVanWard

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 12/13/15 04:17 PM

What a shame that there's no possible middle ground between shooting them and helping them steal your stuff, for neither of those options are very good.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 12/14/15 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By: BillyVanWard
What a shame that there's no possible middle ground between shooting them and helping them steal your stuff, for neither of those options are very good.

how about just shoot at them. Close....but don't hit em. If they pull out a gun. Then fill them with lead.

Haha. Just kidding. But, then again, I have talked to police about this situation, and they have said that a person has the legal right to protect their property. A police officer has the right to defend themselves as a public servant. It is actually quite different with regards to the law. A police officer protects and serves. Citizens defend.

This doesn't mean open fire on anyone trying to get into your car. Obviously. But, if you catch them, you do have the right to retain them, under gun point, until law inforcement arrives. If they make a move to threaten you while under gun point, then, I guess.....fire away.

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 12/15/15 08:02 PM

Haha, if youre not helping thieves steal your stuff you're un american
Posted By: Aquiles

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 12/16/15 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By: YAKaddict

Gotta start leaving my doors unlocked I would hate for one of them to hurt themselves breaking my locks or window , heck they would probably sue me !

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 12/16/15 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Aquiles
Originally Posted By: YAKaddict

Gotta start leaving my doors unlocked I would hate for one of them to hurt themselves breaking my locks or window , heck they would probably sue me !

Whats crazy is thats a possibilty if it hadnt already happened which im almost positive it has.
Posted By: 5wtflyfisher

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 12/22/15 03:58 AM

I like the guys who say they are going to really shoot and actually seem to enjoy killing a 16 yr old for stealing a car stereo. Yes is it your right to do it but do you really want to go through the head ache of a legal process. Every case is case by case and you might get some guy on the grand jury who will find that you really didnt need to kill the person and you will be in a 10k minimum out of pocket legal fight to keep you out of anal sex heaven. Just because you may have the legal right doesn't mean you should. FYI there cases where legal gun owners did not get off. look it up. Do you really want to in that limbo of did i really do the right thing?

Same scenario with having car insurance. you have full coverage and it was not your fault for the accident but do you really want to take time off work, get rental, deal with the lawyers and all the head ache of getting you car fixed? i doubt it.
Posted By: ironmike104

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 01/04/16 02:39 AM

I went to Joe Pool spillway this evening and I was fishing on the rightside for crappies and this MF come right side of me and started throwing a cast net.......... I was so MAD but I was by myself so I left and I didn't catch a fish because some stupid MF come and started throwing F ing cast net.......

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 01/04/16 12:51 PM

Lol...... Sounds about right. I have yet to see a game warden go up there.

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 01/05/16 02:51 AM

Originally Posted By: iluvfishin

which is funny since they have an office less than a mile away lol
Posted By: River Mongrel

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 01/05/16 03:27 AM

Set a bait car. 45 acp. End of story

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 01/05/16 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By: aquaholic1822

Lol yup. Its been years since ive seen a gw down there. The amount of poaching goin on is ridiculous.

Re: Beware of Joe Pool Spillway - Breaking into cars. - 01/06/16 12:43 AM

Originally Posted By: aquaholic1822

Lol yup. Its been years since ive seen a gw down there. The amount of poaching goin on is ridiculous.

probably 8 or so year ago i was fishing down there. Saw a GW down the creek on top of the hill on a 4 wheeler with a camera or binoculars. A few minutes later there were 10 or so men handcuffed on the curb with their 5 gallon buckets of 8 inch channel cats lol
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum