Texas Fishing Forum

Cottonwood Park, Richardson

Posted By: Indianation65

Cottonwood Park, Richardson - 10/04/15 01:30 PM

The title says it all. Cottonwood is a block from Belt Line and Coit right at Cottonwood Road. We went to the art festival yesterday, (by the way, very festive, tons of art, and great weather) and I'd never noticed the decent, not large, but decent pond. What's the fishing like there, good, bad or mediocre?

Addendum: If you appreciate art more than football, you will like making the trip. Park at the shopping centers at Coit/Belt Line and walk over! Lots of people, lots of, umm, yes, women, live bands, food, sort of a mini State Fair.

...------
Posted By: Fish Chaser

Re: Cottonwood Park, Richardson - 10/04/15 07:52 PM

Fishing there sucks.

Re: Cottonwood Park, Richardson - 10/05/15 01:39 AM

Thanks for the frankness...

...------
Posted By: McKinneyLonghorn

Re: Cottonwood Park, Richardson - 10/05/15 02:14 AM

I went to the art festival last year and thought the same thing you did. From what I saw on the web afterward, it is not much for fishing. I remember seeing some posts (may have been on this site) that there are some sunfish in there but not any/many bass.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Cottonwood Park, Richardson - 10/05/15 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Fish Chaser
Fishing there sucks.

Anytime I have a good place and someone asks about it... This is what I say.
Posted By: PondFish

Re: Cottonwood Park, Richardson - 10/05/15 05:04 PM

I grew up a few blocks from Cottonwood Park. Years ago Cottonwood Creek had some fun fishing in it. When they expanded the pond it screwed up the fishing.
The Art Fest has frown from a little local thing to one of the bigger and better ones in the country, according to some artist friends.
Posted By: Double K Outdoors

Re: Cottonwood Park, Richardson - 10/05/15 05:50 PM

I've been to the festival and I've looked at the pond. It doesn't get very deep and I know sunfish live there but I don't think there's room for much else. Another TFF guy (MusicLife7) dropped by there and fished it for a little bit and didn't catch anything. He was going for bass.
If you want to take the kids to catch some sunfish, might not be a bad place. Bass fishing... Not good there. Go around the corner to Twin Lakes. If your lucky enough to catch there, hold on tight.
Posted By: musiclife_7

Re: Cottonwood Park, Richardson - 10/05/15 07:24 PM

Fishing there is garbage. The whole thing is very shallow. When you can stand on the bank and see your worm in the middle, you know it's shallow LOL. I've fished that place maybe 10X and never 1 time caught a bass. Caught a few bluegill but nothing else. You have a better chance of catching a diaper than anything else there LOL.
Posted By: Adam94

Re: Cottonwood Park, Richardson - 10/08/15 06:37 PM

Live right down the street from there. Not very good at all. Check out twin lakes if you want some good fish close to there.

Re: Cottonwood Park, Richardson - 10/08/15 08:18 PM

Appreciation!

...------
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum