Texas Fishing Forum

Catfish stocking today

Posted By: Smithaven

Catfish stocking today - 07/31/15 04:56 PM

Today is the last of the summer channel catfish stockings in the community fishing lakes. After today TPWD will stand down until September 4. Early tomorrow morning the catfish should be biting. The trick is to catch 5 before the sun gets too high.
Posted By: Steven W

Re: Catfish stocking today - 08/01/15 05:34 PM

On my daily walk around Mesquite's City Park Lake today (Saturday 8/01), I noticed 50 to 75 small dead cats floating at the point where the stockings take place. As shallow as that lake is even in the center near the fountain, I'm surprised that there aren't even more dead fish with the water temps up due to the weather.
I see pretty much the same group of guys fishing every morning and while they're catching a few catfish here and there, the catches seem very slow and far between for as many lines are in the water most days. Fish or not, it's a nice, safe and convenient place to spend a few hours before the day heats up and there may be far more 'enjoying the day with friends' than actual fishing going on.
Steve
Posted By: Smithaven

Re: Catfish stocking today - 08/02/15 03:33 AM

I did not even get a bite, and neither did the folks around me. I think the hot weather is to blame. I cannot wait until fall.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum