Texas Fishing Forum

Hello, new to dallas area, Any areas near south dallas for Bass

Posted By: abanks8245

Hello, new to dallas area, Any areas near south dallas for Bass - 07/22/15 10:53 PM

Hello everyone, Im still kinda new to freshwater fishing, and want to fish in some of the areas near me in south dallas/duncanville area,I tried lakeside and was un-inpressed and with Joe pool closed i don't know where else to go . Any suggestions in 25-35 minute ride of my area?
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: Hello, new to dallas area, Any areas near south dallas for Bass - 07/22/15 11:52 PM

Waxahachie Lake has some pretty good bass fishing. It is the municipal water supply for Waxahachie. Good bank access too. Lake Bardwell is known more for sand bass and crappie, but bass fishing can be fair to middling there as well. Not far from Duncanville at all.

Oh, and welcome to the Metroplex, and Welcome to the Forum!
Posted By: abanks8245

Re: Hello, new to dallas area, Any areas near south dallas for Bass - 07/23/15 12:36 AM

thanks Lovfldx, though about checking out Waxahachie , might just do that
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Hello, new to dallas area, Any areas near south dallas for Bass - 07/23/15 05:18 AM

welcome To the Texas Fishing Forum. Glad to have you on board. cheers
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Hello, new to dallas area, Any areas near south dallas for Bass - 07/23/15 11:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Lovfldx
Waxahachie Lake has some pretty good bass fishing. It is the municipal water supply for Waxahachie. Good bank access too. Lake Bardwell is known more for sand bass and crappie, but bass fishing can be fair to middling there as well. Not far from Duncanville at all.

Oh, and welcome to the Metroplex, and Welcome to the Forum!

Should add Lake Clark in Ennis to that list.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum