Texas Fishing Forum

Guide

Posted By: J/\Y

Guide - 07/04/15 08:31 PM

Alright folks, lookin for someone to school us on the fine arts of catfishin.
Have a boat, but this would be a better bank trip somewhere.

We have been gettin absolutely skunked lately with these cats out here.
Very depressing if ya know what I mean.
6-7 hours of nothin but bait stealers that you dont even get to catch.

Tried, worms, shad, rustys mean green + red, dead blood spray, zote, some concoction I made that would gag a maggot.
There's a couple others, like chicken livers, etc. but nothing with any dang luck.

Now, I was lookin to hire a guide, but I think it would be better to just go out with some fellas and get learned to smile
This would just be for me and my dad.

Thanks !
Posted By: J/\Y

Re: Guide - 07/05/15 02:13 AM

anyone ?
Posted By: opus

Re: Guide - 07/05/15 01:32 PM

Dont understand your question, you have boat but want to bank fish its a lot harder to find fish off bank if you dont catch anything in 30 min. move same as in boat if fish aint there ya aint gonna catch um. Never heard of bank guide
Posted By: HeavyLead

Re: Guide - 07/05/15 01:58 PM

Listen to opus. The biggest mistake people make from the bank is staying in a single spot just hoping the fish will eventually start biting.

About your bait stealers, size down your hooks. Sometimes even larger channels bite small and timidly. If you find you are catching dinks, see suggestion number 1. Move. The reason those dinks are there is that there aren't any bigger fish to scare them off.
Posted By: TxPacker4

Re: Guide - 07/06/15 04:17 PM

Find coves with structure and drop offs and windblown points. Fan rods out with live bluegill or shad. Flatheads have been doing pretty well in my area. I've been getting set up by 5:30pm and been getting bites by 6 and the bite lasts all night. All trial and error till you find a good area.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum