Texas Fishing Forum

Galveston Beach areas

Posted By: Chiprat

Galveston Beach areas - 05/26/15 05:06 PM

Was not sure where to post this, wanting to head to Galveston, to RV and Shore fish, last Time I was there the Seaweed/Kelp was un-real and you could not Shore fish Does anyone know of the best season or time to Shore fish, without this Junk. LOL many thanks.
Posted By: dbraune

Re: Galveston Beach areas - 05/26/15 07:41 PM

Just got back 2 days ago. Its clean right now
Posted By: xmatador

Re: Galveston Beach areas - 05/27/15 10:28 PM

It's not warm enough yet for sargassum. Check this webcam for live shot of beach
http://www.g-townsurf.com/
Posted By: BADLANDER

Re: Galveston Beach areas - 05/27/15 10:29 PM

We go every SEPT , and hammer the fish
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: Galveston Beach areas - 05/28/15 12:15 AM

Late Sept., and Early October: The bull reds rule the surf, and the pier and jetty fishermen clean up! Little to no seaweed

Re: Galveston Beach areas - 05/28/15 01:20 AM

Many thanks!! Funny, I was fishing at the Lake Lewisville Fishing Barge last nite (Cant get boat out) and I see a guy walk up behind me... it is my Dear friend, I have not seen in awhile (I rarely fish here and strange to see him here) we talk crp, I catch a Catfish, and he says I have been going to my Moms every weekend now (She lives in Jamaica beach Galveston) because she is getting forgetful.. I ask if the Seaweed and [censored] is bad and he says this whole year is very clean. so I am planning to go around July Mid month and maybe back in Oct (May be Elk Hunting)... thanks Xmatador, and Lewisvillan (Nice name), I have been here since 1969, and several times a Villain... haha. Just ask Denton County..
Posted By: fishbrown

Re: Galveston Beach areas - 05/29/15 02:06 PM

I just went over the holiday weekend fished the Texas city dike only caught a few whiting,couple trout and a bunch of croaker. Then went down by San Luis pass it was windy but the green water moved in and caught a nice jack crevalle on cut horse mullet. Beach was clean no seaweed but a lot of people

Re: Galveston Beach areas - 05/29/15 06:29 PM

Wow, Nice Fish "FishBrown", thanks for the info. Will most likely fish San L.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum