Texas Fishing Forum

Who else does this?

Posted By: kjwolvy

Who else does this? - 05/23/15 03:28 PM

You buy every color of a lure in the book when only about two is all you need?
Posted By: Fisherman13

Re: Who else does this? - 05/23/15 05:18 PM

Not me I'm kinda picky I stick to what have had luck with. Usually white, silver, black and blue, or watermelon red and sometimes chartreuse. That usually covers me.
Posted By: MrBankangler

Re: Who else does this? - 05/23/15 05:34 PM

I did.... It has been taking me a few years to go through all of the colors. I now have a favorite jig box, a 2nd favorite jig box, and a 3rd favorite jig box.
Posted By: kjwolvy

Re: Who else does this? - 05/23/15 06:03 PM

I like Mepps spinners and spoons, but they're nearly five bucks a pop. I have every color when really gold and firetiger are all I need.
Posted By: davidsonbasser

Re: Who else does this? - 05/23/15 10:05 PM

I am kinda the same as the other fellow. I only buy what I have caught fish on or have had people told me they caught fish on. But since everyone is so different you an imagine I have every single lure, just no every color. I actually have three tackle boxes. One is my primary (seasonal) box that I take on every trip. I will then put some alternate lures from my 2nd box in with my primary one when I go on a trip. The third tackle box is full of either lures i have found and need new hooks or paint jobs, or just extras like a lot of soft plastics. But if you look in my primary box right now you will see mainly spawn-early summer lures and only a handful of different colors.
Posted By: CajunPOG

Re: Who else does this? - 05/23/15 10:57 PM

I usually have 2 or 3 colors or color patterns per lure type. Most of my plastics are some kind of green pumpkin or watermelon or black and blue. Lipless are chrome or red craw. Squarebills are tennessee shad, red craw, and bluegill. Most of my lures follow that pattern.
Posted By: Knot at work

Re: Who else does this? - 05/24/15 07:18 PM

I always get black/blue and green pumpkin of everything I try. Okeechobee craw is awesome too if they have it
Posted By: Knot at work

Re: Who else does this? - 05/24/15 07:19 PM

black/blue always works clear and muddy and works well around here IMO. I also have too many red lipless cranks for fall time and bluegill patterns for post spawners
Posted By: Indianation65

Re: Who else does this? - 05/24/15 09:15 PM

Whenever man finds a bait $1.50 or under, he bites!

...wisdom
Posted By: SpeciesFisherman

Re: Who else does this? - 05/28/15 09:02 AM

One time i caught a fish on a lure... thought it was soo cool so i bought the same lure in three different sizes in 4 different colors. #problems
Posted By: GoldSpoonr

Re: Who else does this? - 05/28/15 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: kjwolvy
I like Mepps spinners and spoons, but they're nearly five bucks a pop. I have every color when really gold and firetiger are all I need.

thumb
Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery

Re: Who else does this? - 05/28/15 06:00 PM

Im bad about this. I see a color I think looks really good or I think would work. Problem is I almost always end up going to my fall back confidence colors. Black red flake, hematoma, Green Pumpkin blue swirl, Watermelon red, Green pumpkin chart, etc.
Posted By: "Old School"

Re: Who else does this? - 05/28/15 11:54 PM

I used to be like that. I've got storage containers of baits that I know longer use, just sitting in the closet. My colors are basic and those work for me. Keep it simple!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum