Texas Fishing Forum

Texoma Smallmouth

Posted By: Sean Frederick (sfbassfishing)

Texoma Smallmouth - 05/16/15 05:39 AM

Hey guys, I'm thinking about heading up to Texoma in the next week for a little fishing. I've heard about smallmouth being in that lake and was curious for pointers and/or good locations to catch them. I've always wanted to catch a smallmouth. Not asking for anyone secrets. Just some quick tips. You can PM me if you have to. Also, not just smallmouth. But any bass in general. Thanks in advance for your help!
Posted By: Basstoes

Re: Texoma Smallmouth - 05/16/15 08:28 AM

Square bill around rocky banks and points. Also a spook early. At least thats what I've caught them on at grapevine
Posted By: RogerB

Re: Texoma Smallmouth - 05/16/15 02:42 PM

Eisenhower State Park will be one of your best bets for banking smallies. The water is way up right now but the water in that end of the lake still looks pretty good and you can find them in among the rocks.
Posted By: moonriver

Re: Texoma Smallmouth - 05/16/15 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By: RogerB
Eisenhower State Park will be one of your best bets for banking smallies. The water is way up right now but the water in that end of the lake still looks pretty good and you can find them in among the rocks.

+ 1
Posted By: Sean Frederick (sfbassfishing)

Re: Texoma Smallmouth - 05/17/15 08:58 PM

Thanks guys! Smallies are on my bucket list of fish to catch. I hear they fight like crazy!
Posted By: Todd™

Re: Texoma Smallmouth - 05/18/15 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: moonriver
Originally Posted By: RogerB

+ 1

+2 on Eisenhower being the best place but...

The lake is over 17 feet high. Call the park because most of it is closed. Pretty sure you couldn't even drive past the boat ramp cove right now to get to the bluffs.
Posted By: moonriver

Re: Texoma Smallmouth - 05/18/15 03:11 PM

Yep, water every where, better postpone the trip for a better day.
Posted By: czechmate

Re: Texoma Smallmouth - 05/22/15 12:15 PM

Easy this time of year. Free line a shad or perch around the eisenhower rocks. I was there two weeks ago and they were all over. Not sure how the flooding will affect them?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum