Texas Fishing Forum

California Crossing Dam

Posted By: Chiprat

California Crossing Dam - 05/15/15 03:06 PM

Has anyone fished this area lately, in Irving. Was wanting to head there today or Saturday. Not sure yet if I am going for Bass (White,Hybrids) or Cats…
Posted By: DAMFISHERMAN

Re: California Crossing Dam - 05/15/15 03:27 PM

Park is closed due to high water....
Posted By: txbassnewbie

Re: California Crossing Dam - 05/15/15 03:29 PM

with all the rain be careful as elm fork and trinity the water level is really high and current is pretty fast with the lakes releasing water. I drive by the canals of irving and the elm fork and have not seen the water this high in my 15 years of living in dfw
Posted By: ghostfish

Re: California Crossing Dam - 05/15/15 07:03 PM

when did they close it? i was out there yesterday. they have been catching a few cats mostly channels with a blue or flathead mixed in very slow have to get there real early if you want a spot that u can fish in this current good luck
Posted By: BMART

Re: California Crossing Dam - 05/15/15 07:52 PM

What's the best way to get Frazier? Trying to avoid a lot of walking, I live in carrollton and have tried Sandy lake dam, it was decent
Posted By: msg_f91

Re: California Crossing Dam - 05/16/15 03:04 AM

I was out there for a little bit to do some recon. All I had seen was some really small channels being caught. I also might of gotten a bite. Not sure, I saw line go slack then tighten back up, but when I went to set the hook I forgot I had lowered the drag to avoid the pole getting dragged in when I wasn't close. I would also like to know how to get to frasier dam, thats where I was originally heading but didn't know where to go, I got to the dr pepper shipping yard and wasn't sure how to keep following it. So I went to california crossing
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: California Crossing Dam - 05/16/15 04:10 AM

Originally Posted By: msg_f91
I was out there for a little bit to do some recon. All I had seen was some really small channels being caught. I also might of gotten a bite. Not sure, I saw line go slack then tighten back up, but when I went to set the hook I forgot I had lowered the drag to avoid the pole getting dragged in when I wasn't close. I would also like to know how to get to frasier dam, thats where I was originally heading but didn't know where to go, I got to the dr pepper shipping yard and wasn't sure how to keep following it. So I went to california crossing
You have to park in the back parking lot of Alumet Supply after you exit off 183 onto century Center blvd and walk down the levy. That`s what I do.It`s about a 1/4 mile walk so take only what you need. thumb
Posted By: bankman72

Re: California Crossing Dam - 05/17/15 03:12 AM

So is California crossing closed off? Was thinking about goin over there tomorrow sometime
Posted By: jasoniam

Re: California Crossing Dam - 05/17/15 09:45 PM

Oh yeah it's closed pic taken today
Posted By: moonriver

Re: California Crossing Dam - 05/17/15 09:53 PM

WOW!
Posted By: bankman72

Re: California Crossing Dam - 05/18/15 12:01 AM

Bet you could pick off a couple channel cats under those trees at night lol

Re: California Crossing Dam - 05/18/15 01:52 AM

that does not look like cali crossing but i could be wrong after the rain this morning they might have closed it for a little while but i will be out there tomorrow after work to look around if it got that high to close main road then the two other ponds there might have fish in them shad and carp like a few years ago easy bait.

Re: California Crossing Dam - 05/18/15 01:58 AM

after looking at pics better, that is cali right after tracks man that water is high usually few hours later it will lower but dang i bet up luna was way high
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum