Texas Fishing Forum

Joe Pool

Posted By: ttony

Joe Pool - 03/05/15 07:36 PM

I am fairly new to the area and live about 5 mins from Joe Pool Lake. Are there any good places to fish and catch white bass? And while I am asking where are some other good places to catch white bass from the bank in the DFW? Any info is appreciated.
Posted By: Coffeebreak

Re: Joe Pool - 03/07/15 12:00 AM

Lynn Creek Park under the bridge (lake ridge pkwy) last year saw many guys carrying limits when I was fishing near barge. But there is a private property notice.
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Joe Pool - 03/07/15 12:26 AM

I lived in Cedar Hill for many years and at times would fish off the bank at the State Park when I did not have time to deal with the boat. During that time there was hydrilla mats away from the bank and you could pitch a worm out and get a few LMB. If I still live in that area I would consider just beating the banks with a heavy Rooster Tail and see if you can get bit by something. There are tons of areas in the State Park you can fish from the bank.
Posted By: ttony

Re: Joe Pool - 03/11/15 05:27 PM

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Joe Pool - 03/12/15 04:18 AM

Originally Posted By: ttony
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
If I wanted to catch WB at Joe Pool right now, I would target the Mountain Creek branch off fm 661 just north of Hwy 287.There is plenty of fishable water from the bank back there with the lake being up.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum