Texas Fishing Forum

Creek by Randol Mill and W. Division in Arlington

Posted By: Student

Creek by Randol Mill and W. Division in Arlington - 07/25/12 07:21 PM

Has anyone ever fished there? I have my father in law trying to get me to fish there and I don't know if it's safe because he is one of those ppl who likes to keep their fish. He is old testament..lol So, I want to know if you guys know anything about this creek and if the fish is safe to eat like sunfish and small catfish. I am not really sure because it's connected to some stores and houses that maybe releasing weird stuff there. Please let me know. Thanks

Posted By: DaddyWilsonofDenton

Re: Creek by Randol Mill and W. Division in Arlington - 07/25/12 08:09 PM

I don't know, but my instincts tell me not to eat anything out of there... lol

Posted By: jgildea26

Re: Creek by Randol Mill and W. Division in Arlington - 07/25/12 08:19 PM

Randoll Mill & Division dont intersect, are you talking about Johnson Creek? If so no. It flows through Six Flags, goes in to Mark Holtz by the stadiums, flows through many neighborhoods. From living in the area all my life, I wouldn't eat anything coming out of that. Division St. and that area of Arlington is very dirty in terms of litter and [censored] that gets washed in to creeks/storm drains.

Posted By: Student

Re: Creek by Randol Mill and W. Division in Arlington - 07/26/12 01:31 AM

That is what I thought. My father in law fished there once and he told me that there are a lot of fishes there. I know there are a lot of fish there but I figured I wouldn't eat anything from there because that place looks like its not clean at all. So, do you guys have any place for me aside Lake Arlington and Joe Pool because he doesn't like fishing on both of those lakes. He thinks they have no fishes at all...lol I mean he is only fishing for sunfish and small catfish.

Posted By: tshirtfan

Re: Creek by Randol Mill and W. Division in Arlington - 07/26/12 01:57 AM

I grew up in Arlington and lived there for 26 years. I would not eat anything out of anything other than a lake. I do know of some spots for sunfish and small cats, but not to eat.

Posted By: jgildea26

Re: Creek by Randol Mill and W. Division in Arlington - 07/26/12 01:58 AM

No where i fish!!!!! LOL kidding, but just my opinion I dont think too much would be safe to eat in Arlington. Joe Pool yes. Look for little neighborhood/park ponds if you're just after small cats and suns. Cravens park has lots of both of those, as does Red Kane. those are both south of I20 so it might be a bit of a drive.

Posted By: tshirtfan

Re: Creek by Randol Mill and W. Division in Arlington - 07/26/12 02:17 PM

Cravens, thats funny. Me and my buddies used to run that creek long before they built that pond catchin crawdads and snakes.

Posted By: Mark Ray

Re: Creek by Randol Mill and W. Division in Arlington - 07/27/12 11:16 AM

watch out for alligators at Cravens. lol

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum