Texas Fishing Forum

Bear Creek Park in Keller, Tx

Posted By: Renaissance Angler

Bear Creek Park in Keller, Tx - 01/03/11 01:08 PM

Has anyone ever fish at Bear Creek Park? I heard crappie can be caught there. Also does anyone know if they allow canoes or kayaks?
Posted By: Bass Junkie

Re: Bear Creek Park in Keller, Tx - 01/03/11 08:15 PM

Caught a nice 3#'r several years ago below the lake. Too much pressure and takers from what I witnessed.
Posted By: fishybiz

Re: Bear Creek Park in Keller, Tx - 01/04/11 04:35 AM

I have never seen a crappie but have caught many rainbow trout (planted), channel cats (planted), largemouth up to 4 lbs (on bluegill caught there). It was my favorite place to take the kids to catch bluegill for bait on the Brazos and Red rivers.
Posted By: scooter79

Re: Bear Creek Park in Keller, Tx - 01/04/11 12:52 PM

If you are looking to catch a meal of crappie, dont set your self up for dissapointment. Lots of cats and bass... fun place to take some worms and minners to have a fun time.
Posted By: Renaissance Angler

Re: Bear Creek Park in Keller, Tx - 01/04/11 01:45 PM

Thanks guys for your input and info it's much appreciated. I was looking for a local pond or creek that I can go get my line wet. Having a 1yr old kind of limit where I can go with him. Can't wait til he's old enough for me to teach him how to fish.
Posted By: HaRyan

Re: Bear Creek Park in Keller, Tx - 01/04/11 08:19 PM

There's some decent fishing in that pond but I wouldn't count on too many crappie. The bass bite might be decent there right now though, the town hall pond has been pretty much [censored] lately with the weather and all the pressure it has
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum