Posted By: huntnfishtx

Best place to Bank fish @ Texoma - 05/22/08 12:30 AM

So where is the best place to bank fish up at Texoma? fish
Posted By: Bass Bug

Re: Best place to Bank fish @ Texoma - 05/22/08 01:35 AM

near the water nuts
Posted By: TheNightFisher

Re: Best place to Bank fish @ Texoma - 05/23/08 11:42 AM

I wish people would share more detailed info on bank fishing locations on lakes. Good Luck

Ninja Edit
Posted By: dgruff

Re: Best place to Bank fish @ Texoma - 05/23/08 11:51 AM

Depends on what you are after. If you want catfish & crappie, Hagerman is as good as any(this time of year). If you want to try to catch some stripers or black bass, then Highport is pretty good. These are just a couple of my favorite bank fishing spots. I've done good at Highport fishing for stripers. I've also done pretty good on the end of the penninsula too.
Posted By: jbd

Re: Best place to Bank fish @ Texoma - 05/25/08 06:52 PM

i never went bank fishing but i did go on the water and we went over the hole lake and the fishing was good i got the most out of the goup and we had some big fish.
Posted By: KrazyFish

Re: Best place to Bank fish @ Texoma - 05/27/08 05:10 PM

There is a place called West Burn Run, we caught good size stripers there last year. Haven't been there this year, so can't promise if it is going to bite.
Posted By: GaryC

Re: Best place to Bank fish @ Texoma - 06/01/08 01:45 AM

When my kids were little, I liked to take them to the Wills Bridge just north of Pilot Point. Get one of the camp sites on the water at the Corps of Engineers campground. I think it's called Juniper Point. If you like hiking, the cross timbers trail on the other side of the highway is nice. The water front campsites are great for bank fishing.

Hope that helps.
Posted By: iamquockie

Re: Best place to Bank fish @ Texoma - 06/01/08 08:51 PM

juniper is good late summer early fall. burns should be biting now too. we used to catch the mess outta them around the dam at first light. only thing is that the walk down the dam is a good one...and when the fish school the move which require you to move. Whats even worse, sometimes the fish school just out of casting distance...its like the pot of gold you see but cannot grab.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum