Texas Fishing Forum

Smallmouth pond

Posted By: Nathan_Flovin

Smallmouth pond - 08/11/18 05:42 AM

I remember hearing about a pond with smallmouth in it a while back, but never had the opportunity to go to it. Does anyone know where it is?
Posted By: CchTX

Re: Smallmouth pond - 08/12/18 03:41 AM

There is one in Las Colinas/La Valita area of Irving, but they do not allow fishing. Security patrols will ask you to leave
Posted By: TXMulti-Species

Re: Smallmouth pond - 08/12/18 05:27 AM

Originally Posted By: CchTX
There is one in Las Colinas/La Valita area of Irving, but they do not allow fishing. Security patrols will ask you to leave

There are Smallmouth Bass in the Lago de Claire?
Posted By: CchTX

Re: Smallmouth pond - 08/12/18 09:11 PM

Yes, my son and his friends have caught smallies there. I have also seen a couple of videos in YouTube of snakiest being caught there. The security patrol will ask you to leave. No fishing allowed in the TRA canals in Las Colinas
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: Smallmouth pond - 08/13/18 06:11 PM

I could not believe that little lake has smallies but it sure does. LC Patrol VERY insistent that no one fish there. So sad.
Posted By: erittmueller

Re: Smallmouth pond - 08/13/18 06:36 PM

Yep, they'll even follow you back to your vehicle and log your tags so that if they keep stopping you they start to report it to the cops.

Eric
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Smallmouth pond - 08/13/18 08:24 PM

Grapevine has a good amount of smallies too. Just have to know where and when to look.
Posted By: Mitt78

Re: Smallmouth pond - 08/14/18 01:14 AM

Originally Posted By: CchTX
Yes, my son and his friends have caught smallies there. I have also seen a couple of videos in YouTube of snakiest being caught there. The security patrol will ask you to leave. No fishing allowed in the TRA canals in Las Colinas

You can fish the section of the channel next to Campion Trail in Spring Trail park just downstream from the lake.

It's a park and from what I hear you can fish in any Irving park. Those fake uppity Irving cops can't say anything about it.
Spring Trail Park
Posted By: TXMulti-Species

Re: Smallmouth pond - 08/14/18 01:51 AM

Originally Posted By: fishin'aholic2
Grapevine has a good amount of smallies too. Just have to know where and when to look.

When I used to work at Bass Pro there was a fella who came in with a photo of an 8lb or so Smallmouth from Grapevine.
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Smallmouth pond - 08/14/18 01:56 AM

Grapevine has em.....or you could do the drive to texoma and really target them.
Posted By: Todd™

Re: Smallmouth pond - 08/14/18 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher
Grapevine has em.....or you could do the drive to texoma and really target them.

^this. You would have a better chance fishing the rocks at Eisenhower state park than finding them on Grapevine.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum