Texas Fishing Forum

San Angelo

Posted By: kjwolvy

San Angelo - 07/26/18 04:36 AM

Cam you fish the river walk? Fixing to move there and don't know much about the town.
Posted By: BayouFennec

Re: San Angelo - 07/26/18 03:36 PM

we used to take our son perch fishing there. corn and a bobber
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: San Angelo - 07/26/18 04:06 PM

It's the N. Concho River. Lots of guys fish it with Kayaks and have pulled out some nice bass. Also its occasionally stocked with catfish.

Re: San Angelo - 07/28/18 03:50 AM

Thanks. I thought fishing was limited when I lived in Amarillo, and since I've been in Guymon I haven't even broke out the gear.

Re: San Angelo - 07/28/18 12:54 PM

Between Lake Nasworthy, OC Fisher, and Twin Buttes there's plenty of places here to fish within a 10 minute drive. Although if we go a few more months without rain that may change.
Posted By: TexasBlonde

Re: San Angelo - 08/09/18 05:55 PM

Everyone, go out and do your rain dance until it rains. wink

We need rain all over and everywhere.
Posted By: TexasBlonde

Re: San Angelo - 08/09/18 05:58 PM

Hubby says Twin Buttes Lake, and several small lakes that he does not remember the names of plus there is a channel between two of the lakes that is used to try to keep the elevation of both lakes even. Happy finding good new fishing spots.

Re: San Angelo - 08/09/18 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By: TexasBlonde
Hubby says Twin Buttes Lake, and several small lakes that he does not remember the names of plus there is a channel between two of the lakes that is used to try to keep the elevation of both lakes even. Happy finding good new fishing spots.

The EQ channel connects the North and South pools of Twin Buttes when there's water in them. At current levels its just a dusty trail.

Re: San Angelo - 08/13/18 03:07 AM

Can't wait to get there.

Re: San Angelo - 08/23/18 09:56 PM

How about Ballinger? That's where we're actually going to live. The Colorado river runs thru it and there is a lake.

Re: San Angelo - 08/24/18 02:00 AM

Even though Ballinger is only about 35 miles north of here I've never fished its lake and honestly don't know anyone who does to find out for you. As for the Colorado River. Down here closer to Angelo its a hot bed for kayaks so I imaging it would be fairly decent there as too as long as theirs water in it. FYI, you wont be far from O.H. Ivie and the fishing there is pretty good. Even though its water level is down 50' or so the ramps are still usable.
Posted By: Chuck72

Re: San Angelo - 08/25/18 04:17 AM

Originally Posted By: kjwolvy
Thanks. I thought fishing was limited when I lived in Amarillo, and since I've been in Guymon I haven't even broke out the gear.

I promise the fishing down here is better than Sunset Lake. My kids lived in Guymon with their mom, been there a time or two.

I hear Ballinger lake is not a good lake as it dries up frequently, could be lies though. A lady at work has land on the lake I will ask about it... You have Ivie, Brady and Oak Creek that are all good Lakes in the area. Hordes is geat for bank fishing. You have Spence over at Robert Lee that is a good lake. The Colorado River has a few fish in it there in Ballinger. Fort Phantom is a reasonable drive and you have several places in Angelo that are already mentioned. You can almost get to Brownwood in the same time it takes to get to Ivie. Brownwood is a Great Lake as well.

The Colorado doesn't go through Angelo, tmd probably means the Concho and it has good fish in it. .

Decent options. Hope this helps if not feel free to pm me.

Note-when I say a lake has good fish, I am talking Bass..

Re: San Angelo - 08/25/18 05:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Chuck72
Originally Posted By: kjwolvy

I promise the fishing down here is better than Sunset Lake. My kids lived in Guymon with their mom, been there a time or two.

I hear Ballinger lake is not a good lake as it dries up frequently, could be lies though. A lady at work has land on the lake I will ask about it... You have Ivie, Brady and Oak Creek that are all good Lakes in the area. Hordes is geat for bank fishing. You have Spence over at Robert Lee that is a good lake. The Colorado River has a few fish in it there in Ballinger. Fort Phantom is a reasonable drive and you have several places in Angelo that are already mentioned. You can almost get to Brownwood in the same time it takes to get to Ivie. Brownwood is a Great Lake as well.

The Colorado doesn't go through Angelo, tmd probably means the Concho and it has good fish in it. .

Decent options. Hope this helps if not feel free to pm me.

Note-when I say a lake has good fish, I am talking Bass..
[b][/b]

You got me on that one. Had Colorado on my mind because I was in Denver last week.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum