Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts lake

Posted By: PastorQ

Ray Roberts lake - 04/12/18 06:02 PM

Hello all my name is Quincy and I will be taking a group from my church out to Ray Roberts this weekend. I am new to TX so I don't know much about where to fish. I have heard that the spillway at Ray Roberts is a good place to go but I have also heard the pier at Isle Du Bois is good. Can anyone tell me what would be my best option? Thank you for your time.
Posted By: PastorQ

Re: Ray Roberts lake - 04/12/18 06:03 PM

fish
Posted By: timbertoes

Re: Ray Roberts lake - 04/12/18 10:34 PM

The Pier is more group friendly as well as the banks there are easy to fish from and amenities, tables , restrooms close by
Below the spillway is uhmmm... more challenging smile

There is bank fishing and playgrounds, tables at the tip of Johnson branch state park as well.
Posted By: FishnDenton

Re: Ray Roberts lake - 04/13/18 12:52 AM

Ray Roberts is challenging from anywhere. It's my home lake and I have trouble with it. This weekend will be windy so if your two choices are the pier or the spillway, I would take the pier. It's on a wind blown point so you might catch some sandbass or catfish. But if want to catch some fish with a group of newbies right now, I would check out the barge at lake Lewisville. Shielded from the wind and they are catching crappie outof there pretty regularly right now.
Posted By: Coffeebreak

Re: Ray Roberts lake - 04/13/18 01:54 AM

Spillway only releasing 16cfs
Posted By: ZX4545

Re: Ray Roberts lake - 07/12/18 07:35 PM

///////
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Ray Roberts lake - 07/16/18 09:15 PM

Sent you a PM. Then realized your original post was from April. My bad.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum