Texas Fishing Forum

Something for Sowbug 2016

Posted By: chefmike

Something for Sowbug 2016 - 02/22/16 07:09 PM

A montage of realistics for the live auction at this years Sowbug event in Arkansas. Flies are a selection of a wasp on a nest, a claret dragon fly, a couple of ladybugs, a flying bee, a black widow spider and just for fun a housefly next to my signature,
As always I used DC resin for finishing and building up legs etc

Mike
Posted By: Turf Dawg

Re: Something for Sowbug 2016 - 02/23/16 01:06 AM

WOW!!

Just wondering, since you make fake bugs look real do you make real food look fake?

Great job as always
Posted By: Md11

Re: Something for Sowbug 2016 - 02/23/16 01:32 AM

I am a dunce! Takes me a while to add two and two but I finally put you (Mike Morphew) and ChefMike together. Mike, I was the older, fat guy who sat across from you at the Austin Flyfishers meeting last Thursday. After watching you there just "whip up " a few flies all the while teaching at many different levels....you really need to go for Gold. Thanks and I hope to see you again next meeting!

Dan
Posted By: Turf Dawg

Re: Something for Sowbug 2016 - 02/23/16 01:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Md11
I am a dunce! Takes me a while to add two and two but I finally put you (Mike Morphew) and ChefMike together. Mike, I was the older, fat guy who sat across from you at the Austin Flyfishers meeting last Thursday. After watching you there just "whip up " a few flies all the while teaching at many different levels....you really need to go for Gold. Thanks and I hope to see you again next meeting!

Dan

Sounds like we might be twins

Re: Something for Sowbug 2016 - 02/23/16 03:00 AM

Thanks guys. And yes Dan I will be at the next meeting. Always there an hour early to mentor and teach
Mike

Re: Something for Sowbug 2016 - 02/23/16 02:43 PM

Well Turf.................im sure I do sometimes lol

Mike
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Something for Sowbug 2016 - 02/23/16 08:40 PM

Fantastic work thumb
Posted By: kaboboom

Re: Something for Sowbug 2016 - 02/23/16 10:18 PM

Mike,

I liked hearing about your counterpart that rents his bugs in Hollywood...you should tap into that cookie jar.

Re: Something for Sowbug 2016 - 02/24/16 03:15 PM

Thanks Jamie and Kaboboom I have thought about the prop flies and bugs but don't want to step on my friends toes. If I am asked by a company for promotional or advertisement them maybe
Mike
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum