Texas Fishing Forum

Playing in the Rain

Posted By: Aggroman

Playing in the Rain - 05/13/15 09:31 PM

It has been raining a lot lately (thank goodness) and since it was forecast all day yesterday, I decided to leave the kayak and fishing gear at home. But with one day off this week, I wasn't going to sit around and do nothing. I grabbed my cameras, rain coat, fly rod, and a few newly tied flies. I finally tied up some "spinster" flies I had talked about in a thread many months ago. Although they resemble George Glazener's spinsters, they look a little closer to RexW's clousers with a blade. (many thanks again guys for the help). I offered one immediately as a sacrifice to appease the tree gods, but after that, everything worked and cast great. grin
I had less than an hour before other obligations, so I chunked a few flies and then put up the fly rod and decided to get the camera gear out. I made a short film out of the 45 minutes I was there on the South Concho near San Angelo. I wasn't sure if I should post it here, but figured you guys would appreciate it.

Just a quick little one minute film from yesterday while it rained.

https://vimeo.com/127687197

Scott

Posted By: Crazy4oldcars

Re: Playing in the Rain - 05/13/15 10:42 PM

Beautiful! Saw a couple of places I wanted to put a fly, lol.
Thanks for the share.

Kirk

Re: Playing in the Rain - 05/14/15 02:18 PM

Thanks Kirk!
Posted By: HMK

Re: Playing in the Rain - 05/15/15 03:01 AM

Beautiful video, Scott! Thanks for taking the time to put that together

Re: Playing in the Rain - 05/15/15 03:01 PM

Thanks HMK!
Posted By: 2FlyFish4

Re: Playing in the Rain - 05/25/15 03:34 AM

does anyone else see the face in the trees at marker .42
Posted By: KQT

Re: Playing in the Rain - 05/27/15 02:59 PM

thumb

Re: Playing in the Rain - 05/28/15 03:13 PM

It's crazy how things can change. The video above was done on the 12th. The very next week, 19th, the rains came down hard. I did another video of the floods if anyone wants to check it out. We had one lake that went dry, and gained 23 vertical feet in 2 days. eeks One more lake to kayak and throw the ol' fly. We haven't been on it since about 2008.

Here's the video...

https://vimeo.com/128343341

Scott
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum