Texas Fishing Forum

Dragon Flies for J Moe

Posted By: chefmike

Dragon Flies for J Moe - 04/22/15 05:31 PM

A couple of proto types for Mr J Moe when I next see him. Pretty unsinkable with deer hair bodies and spun hair thorax. One with a spent hackle wing and the other a synthetic wing
Mike
Posted By: moonriver

Re: Dragon Flies for J Moe - 04/22/15 06:12 PM

Super nice.
Posted By: RexW

Re: Dragon Flies for J Moe - 04/22/15 07:59 PM

Nice, but how did you make an extended body with deer hair and get the tip to taper in vs. flaring out??? I don't see any thread on the end of it.

Of course, I realize that this is kind of like asking a magician how he cut the girl in half... I probably wouldn't understand if you told me. roflmao

Re: Dragon Flies for J Moe - 04/22/15 08:15 PM

Hi Rex
Its tied on a needle then pulled off the tip of the body is deer hair reversed back on itself............hard to explain. Come to the Tying / fishing EXPO in May and I will show you

Mike
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Dragon Flies for J Moe - 04/23/15 02:06 AM

Originally Posted By: chefmike
A couple of proto types for Mr J Moe when I next see him. Pretty unsinkable with deer hair bodies and spun hair thorax. One with a spent hackle wing and the other a synthetic wing
Mike

You are the man!!!! thumb

I bet there is an 8 lb. bass just waiting for one of these. Hope the trees don't get them first, LOL!!!
Posted By: Aggroman

Re: Dragon Flies for J Moe - 04/23/15 04:16 AM

Awesome! thumb
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Dragon Flies for J Moe - 04/23/15 04:45 PM

Mike, I purchased some of that wing material. Have you ever used that material for wings on a dragon fly?

I wonder if they will propeller like the ones I tied last year with the plastic for wings. If so, I'll use Ben's trick and add a micro swivel. I purchased some last year but never used them. I was only catching small bass on those flies so I ended up giving up on them.

Re: Dragon Flies for J Moe - 04/24/15 09:00 PM

Any plastic spent wings will spin the fly during casting but you could experiment with the material you have brought and let us know
Mike
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Dragon Flies for J Moe - 04/24/15 10:05 PM

Very nice! hooked
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum