Texas Fishing Forum

Switched to Bob at Worldwide

Posted By: Tight Lines

Switched to Bob at Worldwide - 02/18/14 07:58 PM

Recently got my boat insurance renewal notice from State Farm. Have all my insurance with them (home, auto, life, etc.) and just assumed I was getting a good rate since I have known my agent for about 30 years. Decided to check around and took the advice of many of you on this forum and called Bob.
Long story short, I got more and better coverage for about $820 less per year.

Now I hope I never need to use it.
Posted By: 28incher

Re: Switched to Bob at Worldwide - 02/21/14 11:40 PM

State Farm is increasing their premiums no matter if you have had a claim or not. I signede up with the Skip Parker Agency in Richardson, TX. I just got my new premiums, I have had no claims since I signed up many years ago and they have decided to increase my premiums. I called the Skip Parker Agency and the lady kind of just laughed and said, OH WELL! I then said to her OH WELL you can cancel my policy. I found Nationwide, got more coverage, better coverage for almost half the amount of State Farm. DO DEAL WITH SKIP PARKER AGENCY. Ken Batson - Mansfield, TX
Posted By: Capt Craig

Re: Switched to Bob at Worldwide - 03/16/14 09:07 PM

I have used Bob Luellen at Worldwide Marine for years and he always treats me right.
Posted By: hoghead2007

Re: Switched to Bob at Worldwide - 03/17/14 02:29 AM

how do i get ahold of bob
Posted By: TITANIUM-BACK

Re: Switched to Bob at Worldwide - 03/18/14 03:26 AM

Bob Luellen

Worldwide Marine Underwriters

15200 Wright Rd, Grand Ledge Mi, 48837

Off. (517) 627-8080

Off. (800) 339-1235

Fax (517) 627-3355

Cell (517) 256-0734

bob@worldwidemarineins.com
Posted By: Chet

Re: Switched to Bob at Worldwide - 03/22/14 01:33 PM

For those who use Bob what company did you policy end up with?
Posted By: Javelinman

Re: Switched to Bob at Worldwide - 03/28/14 08:38 PM

I've got insurance with worldwide. I filed a claim Tuesday and I still haven't heard from and adjuster.
Posted By: Javelinman

Re: Switched to Bob at Worldwide - 03/28/14 09:38 PM

I just got a call from an adjuster, so we are moving in the right direction.
Posted By: Tight Lines

Re: Switched to Bob at Worldwide - 03/31/14 05:52 PM

The policy I got through Bob is with Norman Spencer Marine Insurance Services.
Posted By: slshaneus

Re: Switched to Bob at Worldwide - 04/21/14 06:12 PM

my policy is with travelers
Posted By: Terabass

Re: Switched to Bob at Worldwide - 03/03/16 04:57 PM

Call Bob.
Posted By: Terabass

Re: Switched to Bob at Worldwide - 07/20/16 05:44 PM

Bob is the best! Give him a call glad I did.
Posted By: Terabass1

Re: Switched to Bob at Worldwide - 08/05/19 03:58 PM

Bob is the best! Give him a call glad I did.
Posted By: Slow Drifter

Re: Switched to Bob at Worldwide - 08/08/19 11:05 PM

I just bought a boat. So if I go with Bob, in Michigan, how does that work? Do I just email him pics of the boat and DocuSign some stuff? I don't have a fax machine. Thanks in advance, y'all.
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Switched to Bob at Worldwide - 08/27/19 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Chet

Progressive and haven't had a single problem or complaint.
Posted By: Gdorty

Re: Switched to Bob at Worldwide - 02/06/20 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Chet

Worldwide has switched to Markel they’re out of California. Just paid my premium yesterday it went up a little not sure if it’s because of my claim last year or not. But one thing they have is a disappearing deductible. We’ll see how it goes but I’m confident Bob wouldn’t switch for the worse.
Posted By: dflipper

Re: Switched to Bob at Worldwide - 02/26/20 11:35 PM

Progressive is the worst insurance for a boat in the southeast Texas area. Adjusters put you on trial, like you have done something wrong. My dad hit a underwater obstruction on Rayburn, bent the prop, blew the pinion gear, knocked a hole in the lower unit. Called Bob after the claim was denied due to prop shaft runout being “good” and has had to send / re-explain the situation 3 times. Pretty sure nothing will be done about it in the end and dad is out a lot of money for a new lower unit. The mechanic at the shop told the lady adjuster that it was obvious he hit something due to the prop being bent so bad by impact. Been paying insurance for 10 years with Bob on the boat, had one claim for $1400 dollars. I’d say they win. All the praise isn’t worth it.
Posted By: chevy5099

Re: Switched to Bob at Worldwide - 02/28/20 02:30 AM

Everyone says Call Bob. How about BoatUS insurance ? Anyone have anything good on boatus ? I like to know. Not everything on BOB.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Switched to Bob at Worldwide - 03/08/20 12:36 PM

I used BOB, and when it came time to have my lower unit replaced from a collision the adjuster said "your boat is older than 10 years, we are going to depreciate the value... you will owe $$$$ on the repair). I was very highly pissed. I was misinformed about the insurance being a depreciation type value policy instead of a replacement type policy, after I explicitly told them I ONLY WANTED REPLACEMENT VALUE POLICY. There was no concern over it from Bob, so I changed policies as soon as the repair was complete and will never give BOB another chance, or dollar.

I use ALLSTATE on the home, autos, PLUP...… I went back to STATE FARM on the boat.
Posted By: Glenn54

Re: Switched to Bob at Worldwide - 03/09/20 02:38 AM

That stinks SkeeterRonnie. Sorry to hear that happened to you but thanks for the heads up.
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Switched to Bob at Worldwide - 03/12/20 10:39 PM

I have had no problems with Bobs office. In fact, just had a lower unit replaced and my policy stated "brand new" OEM parts.
I briefly changed from Bob a couple years ago and was sorry I did. So, I went back..
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum