Texas Fishing Forum

Allstate replaced blown powerhead?

Posted By: ETxRT

Allstate replaced blown powerhead? - 01/30/18 05:36 AM

I'm in the market for a new to me both. I just read this thread http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...ul#Post12595305 that showed where Allstate paid for a blown powerhead. Is this something that is an option through Allstate or is it part of their regular coverage or was it just a fluke? I will be shopping for insurance as soon as I make a decision on the boat. Is Allstate someone I should seriously consider since this will be a used boat…?
Posted By: Insurancepro

Re: Allstate replaced blown powerhead? - 01/31/18 01:17 AM

I have not heard Allstate would cover a mechanical failure and I would have. There is only one company that I'm aware of who offers this coverage. Feel free to call me and I will explain. Thanks Bob Luellen 517-627-8080
Posted By: jackiekennedyfishingguide

Re: Allstate replaced blown powerhead? - 01/31/18 03:48 PM

Just a hint I would contact Txmedic033 on the TFF and he may be able to give you some advice on this matter.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Allstate replaced blown powerhead? - 02/09/18 03:22 AM

Allstate opened up a claim from 9 months prior to cover a blown powerhead to prevent me from having to pay another deductible. Previous claim was for a blown compressor in my fuel system. They cut me a check for the totaled motor minus what they paid out last April. I left a voice mail and they called and said they'd total out the motor and open the previous claim. If you don't have Allstate, you are doing yourself a disservice.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Allstate replaced blown powerhead? - 02/09/18 03:23 AM

I also had a friend have the same issue covered by Allstate without any issues.
Posted By: Dug71

Re: Allstate replaced blown powerhead? - 02/24/18 03:18 AM

I talked to Allstate yesterday and the only way they would cover a blown motor is if you hit something and it takes the powerhead out.
Posted By: Mo

Re: Allstate replaced blown powerhead? - 02/26/18 11:10 PM

I think some adjusters are just ignorant about boats and motors. I have a customer that
claims to have had more than one major service invoice paid by his insurance.

MO
Posted By: Mo

Re: Allstate replaced blown powerhead? - 02/26/18 11:33 PM

Could it be that insurers are making so much profit on boat insurance , they are looking for
claims to pay ?
MO
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum