Texas Fishing Forum

Think I Am Ready

Posted By: Skip_48

Think I Am Ready - 03/02/17 05:31 PM

Just need to get my boat in the water and get over this crud I have! Forgot to include one color so ended up being two pics, sorry about that!

Skip

Posted By: REDGUN

Re: Think I Am Ready - 03/02/17 06:41 PM

You didn't already have 50 of each of those is your tackle box?? roflmao

Re: Think I Am Ready - 03/02/17 09:32 PM

LOL, probably more than that! Just got to keep tying and sometimes I take too long of a break.

Skip
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Think I Am Ready - 03/03/17 12:50 PM

Yes sir, you're ready thumb go find 'em.
Posted By: fishead

Re: Think I Am Ready - 03/03/17 07:15 PM

I am about to buy a Do It pony mold and start making my own jig heads. I have two questions for you. Can I ask where you found those small willow blades and what size they are? I've been looking for small willow blades for the 1/16 jigs I'm going to make but haven't found any online yet. Also, if you're using the Do It mold, did the sickle hooks you used on these jigs fit in the mold or did you have to customize the mold to make them fit? Thanks.
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Think I Am Ready - 03/03/17 08:12 PM

Whew, those are pretty! The wife would like them for ear rings.lol

Re: Think I Am Ready - 03/04/17 03:28 PM

Originally Posted By: fishead
I am about to buy a Do It pony mold and start making my own jig heads. I have two questions for you. Can I ask where you found those small willow blades and what size they are? I've been looking for small willow blades for the 1/16 jigs I'm going to make but haven't found any online yet. Also, if you're using the Do It mold, did the sickle hooks you used on these jigs fit in the mold or did you have to customize the mold to make them fit? Thanks.

First I didn't pour them, I traded for them and I will see if I can find out about the hook fit and PM you about that if I get the info.

I have account with a lot of Mfg's. and wholesale places and I buy mine from The Worth Company. These are size #1, but I also have size 0 for the smaller ones. The 1/32 in the molds actually end up weighing closer to 1/24, but we call the, 1/32 because it's what the mold is for. I also have some 1/48 Oz and they are very close to a real 1/32 and the size 0 is for them and my real Roadrunners. The #1 will work on 1/16, but if you go any larger it may not work and will make the bait spin, The #2 is really a lot larger. Also know the other main brand Hagen has a different number for these sizes. Example is the 0 where I get mine is a 00 at Hagen I believe. If you don't need too many I may be able to help you with some of the blades. PM me.

Skip
Posted By: SK.

Re: Think I Am Ready - 03/06/17 02:21 PM

Crappie getters for sure.....
Posted By: Catfish-hunter

Re: Think I Am Ready - 03/06/17 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By: REDGUN
You didn't already have 50 of each of those is your tackle box?? roflmao

Check the expiration date on those in your tackle box and send the out of dates to me! roflmao
Very pretty jigs thumb love the colors

Re: Think I Am Ready - 03/06/17 06:04 PM

Thank you guys!

Skip
Posted By: pepop

Re: Think I Am Ready - 03/07/17 01:09 AM

BEAUTIFUL ties Skip!! As Usual!
Posted By: THarris22

Re: Think I Am Ready - 03/17/17 06:03 PM

Just a question how long is your flash and hackle?

Re: Think I Am Ready - 03/20/17 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: THarris22

Well I didn't measure it, but the flash I try to just make it longer than the feathers, which BTW in this case is marabou and not Hackle. I woupd guess the entire jig is a little less than 3", probably 2 3/4" +- a little.

Skip
Posted By: pepop

Re: Think I Am Ready - 03/21/17 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Skip_48

Well I didn't measure it, but the flash I try to just make it longer than the feathers, which BTW in this case is marabou and not Hackle. I woupd guess the entire jig is a little less than 3", probably 2 3/4" +- a little.

Skip

That's pretty much standard (if there's anything standard among jig tiers! LOL!) with the flash extending about 1/4" +/- beyond the feathers, whatever they are. My jigs range from 2" to 3"+, mostly depending on the hook size I'm tying on.

BTW Skip, hope you're feeling better!!

Re: Think I Am Ready - 03/21/17 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: pepop
Originally Posted By: Skip_48

Skip

That's pretty much standard (if there's anything standard among jig tiers! LOL!) with the flash extending about 1/4" +/- beyond the feathers, whatever they are. My jigs range from 2" to 3"+, mostly depending on the hook size I'm tying on.

BTW Skip, hope you're feeling better!!

Yes finally the last week has been much improved, lol! Thank you!

Skip
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Think I Am Ready - 04/12/17 03:51 AM

Nice jigs. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum