Texas Fishing Forum

Trebble hooks

Posted By: REDGUN

Trebble hooks - 11/03/16 02:06 PM

I am making some sandbass baits for a friend. Decided to try dressing up a couple of hooks. Thought they turned out pretty good.

flash

feather
Posted By: jasoniam

Re: Trebble hooks - 11/03/16 02:18 PM

I like those!! Looks real good!!
Posted By: Skip_48

Re: Trebble hooks - 11/03/16 03:15 PM

They do look good! I will tell you something not sure if you know the guy or not, but Zell Rowland is famous for using Pop-r's that he takes and sands down and re-paints them. Plus he ties hackle type feathers on the treble hook. It makes a huge difference on a top water bait like that. When sitting on the surface not moving the feathers are still calling bass, lol! I have a couple of his baits kind of like collecting them for what ever reason. I will take a picture to post for you below.
They even stopped making that bait in 1978 and didn't make it again until he won the B.A.S.S. Super Invitational tournament at Chickamauga in 1986 using the bait and he had managed to keep it secret for years until some reporter had seen him using it and that was the end of his secret. So soon after everyone wanted the bait so they started making it again, lol!

Skip

Posted By: REDGUN

Re: Trebble hooks - 11/03/16 03:19 PM

Yes sir, I have been doing the dressed treble hooks on most of my bass hard baits for years.

Add one to the back of a crankbait, and watch it in some clear water. thumb
Posted By: Skip_48

Re: Trebble hooks - 11/03/16 03:21 PM

Originally Posted By: REDGUN
Yes sir, I have been doing the dressed treble hooks on most of my bass hard baits for years.

Add one to the back of a crankbait, and watch it in some clear water. thumb

You bet, it makes a difference!

Skip
Posted By: Squeaky

Re: Trebble hooks - 11/18/16 10:35 PM

Look good buddy!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum