Texas Fishing Forum

New Under-Spin's

Posted By: pepop

New Under-Spin's - 06/04/16 06:50 AM

REDGUN got himself a couple FINE molds from Jacob's and the 1/8oz & 1/24oz caught my eye so I got a few. I just tied a couple to take out today to test and tied them in combo's that are working right now. They went together pretty easily since I got a descent pair of split-ring pliers.
Here's the 1/8oz

and here's the 1/24oz

I hope to have a favorable report this afternoon.
Posted By: Cowboytex

Re: New Under-Spin's - 06/04/16 11:47 AM

Outstanding! I like them both! I gotta get some bladed heads soon. What chenille is that chartreuse? Great work as always Pepop! thumb
Posted By: Skip_48

Re: New Under-Spin's - 06/04/16 01:58 PM

They look nice Vern! Not sure about that blade size though, kind of looks large to me in the pic, but hard to tell for sure. Also I would put a Brass blade on that 1/24! Also may want to try different shapes?

I have a large supply of blades and split rings!

Skip
Posted By: pepop

Re: New Under-Spin's - 06/05/16 06:52 AM

Thanks guys! C.tex, that's what Crazy Angler is selling as a Medium Cactus in Fl. Chartreuse. Skip, I have a pretty good assortment of Willow, Colorado & Indiana blades and I'll be trying various configurations. I'm actually hoping for more of a "Wobble" than a spin from the blade.
Posted By: REDGUN

Re: New Under-Spin's - 06/05/16 11:09 AM

Those look great sir.
Posted By: Joe Slab

Re: New Under-Spin's - 06/05/16 11:46 AM

Those look awesome sir! Bet they'll catch fish. thumb
Posted By: SK.

Re: New Under-Spin's - 06/05/16 01:37 PM

I know you're gonna have them down some crappie throats.......come on with tha pics....
Posted By: Cast

Re: New Under-Spin's - 06/05/16 02:03 PM

Ttell us about the new split ring pliers. I just bought a pair of Xuron pliers that work well. I still struggle with the small ones though.

Please excuse my ignorance but is the swivel one with the jig head? I can't see how it connects.
Posted By: REDGUN

Re: New Under-Spin's - 06/05/16 02:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast

Please excuse my ignorance but is the swivel one with the jig head? I can't see how it connects.

Yes sir, its molded into the head. thumb

Posted By: Skip_48

Re: New Under-Spin's - 06/05/16 02:37 PM

Yes Vern, but you also don't want the blade to spin the jig and that is what a blade to big will do! If you want viberation then you want a Colorado blade and not a willow. A willow is best around grass though, but dorsnt offer much in the way of viberation.

Skip
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: New Under-Spin's - 06/05/16 06:12 PM

Nice ones Pepop, I bought the 1/8 oz mold and planning on the 1/16 oz next. Good set of split ring pliers make all the difference... thumb
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: New Under-Spin's - 06/06/16 10:42 AM

I only use Texas Tackle split ring pliers. I have all three sizes.
Posted By: larry mays

Re: New Under-Spin's - 06/06/16 05:56 PM

Redgun those are class jig heads, glad you got the good molds.
Pepop, real nice and you have the right idea as the blades all have there thing in being for flash, color, are vibration or what ever.
One of the best spinner baits I ever made was on a 1/24 th jig head and ran a wire where the swivel is. The wire was long enough to add a 1/48 weight and then a loop for the swivel and blade and gave me a 1/16 th jig head with the weigh some what like the road runner. But it did move the blade off of the jig its self and work great.
Posted By: Cowboytex

Re: New Under-Spin's - 06/07/16 03:43 PM

Hey Pepop, have you tried these yet? If so, how have they worked for you? I've never used a bladed jig to vertical jig before. I'm gonna have to get me some of that cactus chenille, I really like the look of it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum