Texas Fishing Forum

Used a Crazy Angler suggestion

Posted By: Cowboytex

Used a Crazy Angler suggestion - 05/23/16 01:45 AM

CA suggested this combo for the "Champ" chenille I got. His suggestion was for Fork. I like it, I think it should do well on Palestine too

Posted By: SK.

Re: Used a Crazy Angler suggestion - 05/23/16 06:00 AM

Saaaweet, I've never thought of blue with brown.....let us know how it works If ya would.....

Re: Used a Crazy Angler suggestion - 05/23/16 09:45 AM

It's quite a bit lighter than it looks in the pic. More of a yellow brown. I'll definately let you know how it does
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Used a Crazy Angler suggestion - 05/23/16 12:03 PM

Looks good...
Posted By: Mr. Catchum

Re: Used a Crazy Angler suggestion - 05/23/16 12:52 PM

Now that is a good looking jig! That color combo is one of my favorites on Fork. Great Job!

Re: Used a Crazy Angler suggestion - 05/23/16 01:34 PM

Thanks man! Fork ain't too far from Palestine it ought to work there too, we'll see
Posted By: SlabbedSilly

Re: Used a Crazy Angler suggestion - 05/23/16 04:07 PM

Looks good and works great!! I put that same body and tail on a fluorescent yellow head.
Posted By: larry mays

Re: Used a Crazy Angler suggestion - 05/23/16 06:24 PM

Champ is a top chenille on all of the east Texas lakes. And in the water it is almost a chart-black after getting wet, and works best with my bunch with a dark grey tail that has been recolored with a light blue marks-a-lot. This will fish all of the way down to the 1/48 and 1/64th jig on the number 4 hook. But is best on a eagle claw 574 {#4} which is a 1 extra long hook as a 1/16th. On this one I use a salt water marabou over 5 inch's long and both number 3 and 5 chenille. The number 2 will not hole up on this jig. Tie the number 3 in over the tail starting at head, all of the way to almost the bend and then tie in the number 5 the same way stopping just short of hook point. Tie the #3 all of the back to head over lapping the #5 being sure its tight and lock down and then rap the #5 to head and lock down. This jig is about 3 inch's long and has a lot of big fish to its credit last few months. I do it with the black chrome head but am sure it would work with any. The reason this jig needs the #3 chenille is to hold the marabou out of the hook bend, and I use clear-cure-goo to lock the chenille down but sure super glue would work ok.

Re: Used a Crazy Angler suggestion - 05/23/16 06:40 PM

Thanks slabbedsilly!
Larry post up a pic of love to see it
Posted By: AggieKenny

Re: Used a Crazy Angler suggestion - 05/23/16 08:19 PM

Good looking combo.

Re: Used a Crazy Angler suggestion - 05/23/16 09:42 PM

Thanks AK
Posted By: pepop

Re: Used a Crazy Angler suggestion - 05/25/16 02:35 PM

I just ordered 2 packs of Champ (should be here today)! That should be a KILLER combo on Palestine. I'm going dock shooting Sat so I'll give it a go! It is definitely a good combo on Winnsborro & Hawkins!

Re: Used a Crazy Angler suggestion - 05/25/16 03:10 PM

Awesome Pepop! Let me know how it goes
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum