Texas Fishing Forum

Tied Some, but

Posted By: Skip_48

Tied Some, but - 05/08/16 05:43 PM

All the same color, guess my friend like these huh?

Skip
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Tied Some, but - 05/08/16 05:57 PM

nice... thumb
Posted By: SK.

Re: Tied Some, but - 05/08/16 09:07 PM

Well that would make selecting a jig color out on the lake easy for sure....
Good looking jigs.....
Posted By: pepop

Re: Tied Some, but - 05/09/16 08:31 AM

EXCELLENT as always Skip!! flehan

Re: Tied Some, but - 05/09/16 01:46 PM

Thanks guys!

Skip
Posted By: larry mays

Re: Tied Some, but - 05/09/16 05:48 PM

Nice simple jigs and just what the crappie wants. I know I spend to much time with action, size and color, think he has a better idea. Good work Skip

Re: Tied Some, but - 05/09/16 06:40 PM

Skip, have a tying question when you have the time. I am doing some 100 percent marabou jigs and on the body using some long cut feathers laying it over fishing line for the marabou chenille doing my turns to lock it in before wrapping on the hook. But am losing some feathers when water testing. Did you ever use any glue or the like to seal it? Are am I just not getting it tight enough? Thanks

Re: Tied Some, but - 05/09/16 10:13 PM

Well I don't usually use marabou as chenille, but I have tied some small jigs using really small marabou and I just used the end for the tail and once I had that trapped well I move thread to the head and then I palmered the marabou feather to the head and tied it off.

Now for my tails I tear the barbules (feathery portion) off the stem and I stack them until I have enough for the tail. Then I pinch it where I want to cut it off even, then I tie it in.

If I didn't cover what your asking please try again, I did have a bit of trouble following what your doing.

Oh an the only time I use glue is when I finish.

Skip

Re: Tied Some, but - 05/09/16 11:12 PM

Thanks, yea, think your way will be ok. What I am doing is going for the old way look, but strong like now days. Don't know why I have not though of that. Thanks again.

Re: Tied Some, but - 05/09/16 11:15 PM

Thanks, yea, think your way will be ok. What I am doing is going for the old way look, but strong like now days. Don't know why I have not though of that. Thanks again.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum