Texas Fishing Forum

Wobble head jigs

Posted By: whaler15

Wobble head jigs - 03/24/16 06:02 PM

After seeing Bass on their beds on my last river trip, I thought I would tie up some slow fall jigs.
3/8 - 2/0 Wobble heads, SW Hackle, plastic skirting and Crystal / Estaz chenille.
Posted By: Mittens

Re: Wobble head jigs - 03/24/16 06:05 PM

Them are some nice looking jigs!!
Posted By: REDGUN

Re: Wobble head jigs - 03/24/16 06:40 PM

Nice looking jigs. I always figured this style head would be KILLER for dock shooting also!!!
Posted By: pepop

Re: Wobble head jigs - 03/25/16 07:00 AM

SWEET!! thumb
Posted By: Skip_48

Re: Wobble head jigs - 03/26/16 01:45 AM

Looks like they would get bit! Looks good!

Skip
Posted By: Jerry T.

Re: Wobble head jigs - 03/26/16 05:36 PM

I really like those jigs. I've tickled around with the idea of this exact concept but haven't had time to slow down and source the heads, etc.

Thanks for sharing, great looking work!
Posted By: SlabHappy

Re: Wobble head jigs - 03/27/16 04:45 AM

I like those, with the rubber legs. I got a bunch of rubber legs, just haven't had time to tie some. Once I get the time to pour some lead, I will have to pour some more wobble heads. They take a lot of time, since there is only one 1/16 oz cavity. They also make a good crawdad:

Re: Wobble head jigs - 03/29/16 02:56 AM

You have me looking for antenna and making burnt mono eyes SlabHappy.
These heads took too much glitter but should work for craws. They have Owner 2/0 hooks.
Thanks,

Re: Wobble head jigs - 03/31/16 08:18 PM

I tied a few of these with the added eyes and antenna. I tried a few tied sparsely and went back to tying with the larger profile after seeing them wet. Two hackle tips for each claw, three Vs per side and 1/2 " of silicone skirt per jig.

Re: Wobble head jigs - 03/31/16 08:54 PM

I have six more of these heads to tie. Any advice on changes to make?
Posted By: Thunk

Re: Wobble head jigs - 04/01/16 05:09 AM

I don't know about changes but I think I love that jig in the salt! Might look into some pinks,blues and brown with some shrimp scent and I can only imagine what fun you'd have in salt water! I am totally seeing that with a brush-guard with those eyes just slamming the redfish, trout, maybe flounder as well? I believe you are onto something there bud! banana
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum