Texas Fishing Forum

Alcohol burner?

Posted By: jasoniam

Alcohol burner? - 12/27/15 09:27 PM

Where locally can I find one dfw area or must I use Amazon with $10 shipping? Wanting to find one to use when powdercoating my highways!!
Posted By: Mike Andrews

Re: Alcohol burner? - 12/27/15 09:34 PM

EBay
Posted By: Tommie

Re: Alcohol burner? - 12/27/15 09:35 PM

Barlows
Posted By: machinist

Re: Alcohol burner? - 12/27/15 09:37 PM

go to walmart and buy you a box of candles
Posted By: Skip_48

Re: Alcohol burner? - 12/28/15 01:01 AM

I use the one from Barlows and have for 10 years. Personally I have tried others and some are nicer, but may have a smaller wick and I like the wick size on the Barlow's one best of all I tried!

I am in no way days my that Barlow's is the best made, but it has the right stuff! Just be careful how tight you screw down the lid and wick and it may get hard to get back off.

Do not use a candle or any other flame that is not clean like alcohol!

Skip
Posted By: jasoniam

Re: Alcohol burner? - 12/28/15 03:36 AM

thanks skip didn't know barrows carried em!!! I will stop by tomorrow and snag one up and then get caught looking at more stuff I want but don't need and drop 40-50 bucks...lol.....not safe living 10 minutes from barlows!!
Posted By: Skip_48

Re: Alcohol burner? - 12/28/15 03:41 AM

Think it's like $15! Nothing fancy. I got a fancy one all stainless and it had a small wick and just too slow for me to change and get all my counts over again. I count at my own pace and each size going larger takes a little longer, but not more than say 5 or so real seconds. My own pace means I count to 12 on 1/8 and 1/4 o heads and that is about equal to that 5 or maybe 6 seconds. For 1/32 I only count to 4-6 depending on type head. Minnie head heats faster!

If you have any questions just ask,

Skip
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum