Texas Fishing Forum

Caps Spider

Posted By: HMK

Caps Spider - 11/02/15 02:04 AM

Ready for Bluegill?

Wanted to break in the new vice tonight. This is a 1/124 jig. It's called a Caps Spider. Been wanting to try this one. I didn't have any chenille, so I had to substitute black sparkle braid. I also going to make a few with peacock herl as well.

Posted By: Skip_48

Re: Caps Spider - 11/02/15 03:42 PM

There you go, getting ready now huh? You fell in love yet with that vise?

Skip

Re: Caps Spider - 11/02/15 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Skip_48
There you go, getting ready now huh? You fell in love yet with that vise?

Skip

Yep. I think I made the right choice. Have some issues to work through, but it's not the vice's fault. I'm just doing things differently and trying to take advantage of the rotary function. Norm sure makes it look easy. He's a crackerjack of a Tyer. I watch his videos in amazement.
Posted By: Skip_48

Re: Caps Spider - 11/02/15 04:46 PM

Yes and totally understand! Also when or if you get that DVD from Don, you will have the same feeling for a while, LOL! Just remember they have been doing this a while!

Skip
Posted By: larry mays

Re: Caps Spider - 11/02/15 11:49 PM

Nice looking jigs that should work on the bream and the cold water crappie. [just a slow way with cold water fish.] But in less than 10-14 foot of water the 1/64 th down is worth the wait. If it takes you a few years to catch up with Norm don't worry about it as he is one of those that was born to tie jigs and knows fishing well which means pretty and will fish jigs.
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Caps Spider - 11/04/15 03:14 PM

Well done HMK. I've tied those for bluegill before. They are actually called Cap spiders. It's an interesting story but they got their name because a guy used to have about 100 of them on one of his hats.
Posted By: Coolshot

Re: Caps Spider - 11/05/15 05:43 PM

Nice Job!!
which vise did you end up with?

Re: Caps Spider - 11/05/15 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Coolshot
Nice Job!!
which vise did you end up with?

I got the Nor-Vice. I'm loving it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum