Texas Fishing Forum

Okay One More From Todays Tying

Posted By: Skip_48

Okay One More From Todays Tying - 10/07/15 06:58 PM

He calls this one his Silver Blue Bullet, LOL!

Posted By: jasoniam

Re: Okay One More From Todays Tying - 10/07/15 07:01 PM

Those look DEADLY!!!!!!
what kind of body are ya using is that like a cactus chenille? I like the look of it!!!

Re: Okay One More From Todays Tying - 10/07/15 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: jasoniam
Those look DEADLY!!!!!!
what kind of body are ya using is that like a cactus chenille? I like the look of it!!!

I use a couple different ones, but this is big Crystal Pearl in I thing size #10, but some I have is #12 which is the largest this comes in. However it's hard to find in these sizes. I keep a good bit of it.

I should have added in that Pearl is just the color and Crystal is what the chenille is called.

Skip
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Okay One More From Todays Tying - 10/07/15 07:31 PM

Very nice! Good job! cheers
Posted By: larry mays

Re: Okay One More From Todays Tying - 10/07/15 07:46 PM

Nice jig, and that jig will fish any water any time in that color. The crystal chenille I like in all colors but didn't know the pearl would stand out like that.
Posted By: SK.

Re: Okay One More From Todays Tying - 10/07/15 09:08 PM

Excellent color combo & great ties.....
I've gotta get some of that silver paint, it's a very nice addition to that jig....

Re: Okay One More From Todays Tying - 10/07/15 09:48 PM

Thanks guys, appreciate that!

Larry I special order all my chenille and my Crystal is not exactly like most everyone else's is. Don't want to say much more though!

Skip
Posted By: AggieKenny

Re: Okay One More From Todays Tying - 10/07/15 11:19 PM

Stellar! As usual.
Posted By: HMK

Re: Okay One More From Todays Tying - 10/08/15 12:06 AM

You aren't quite finished, buddy. You forgot the star on the helmet

Re: Okay One More From Todays Tying - 10/08/15 01:28 AM

That would be cool HMK, but I don't think I have a way to do that or I probably would, LOL!

Skip
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Okay One More From Todays Tying - 10/08/15 03:17 AM

Yes Skip, that is an excellent color combination. Impressive Skills!!!!

I bet it would work well also if the blue and crystal were reversed!
Posted By: pepop

Re: Okay One More From Todays Tying - 10/08/15 03:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Spiderman
Yes Skip, that is an excellent color combination. Impressive Skills!!!!
I bet it would work well also if the blue and crystal were reversed!

GREAT Tie Skip!! You know I LOVE that Big Pearl Crystal!!
I had that thought exactly Spidy! Only I used a Blue Estaz instead of Crystal Chenille, mainly because the Estaz was easier to grab than that shade of blue crystal. Also, the head is TJ's new Disco Silver! LOT'S of FLASH!

Re: Okay One More From Todays Tying - 10/08/15 03:39 AM

Man Vern that look awesome! Well you know how much I like Estaz, that is some beautiful chenille, all of it and made different than others.

Skip
Posted By: Matt Wilson

Re: Okay One More From Todays Tying - 10/08/15 04:06 AM

Very nice looking jigs. I'm curious how long would you say it took you to tie them?

Re: Okay One More From Todays Tying - 10/08/15 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Matt Wilson
Very nice looking jigs. I'm curious how long would you say it took you to tie them?

Thank you!
Well I didn't time it and don't hurry as much as I use to, but if I don't stop to look at FB or emails or just messing around, I could do these in less than 2 hours, but that is not counting painting the heads. That does count cutting the feathers and doing what it takes to tie them.

It use to take me a little longer o. Some like these because of the flash and how I tie it in, but I have even got a little faster at that. It use to double my tying time and still makes a big difference. I do them as some use the term lateral line type which is just that I make sure I have one piece cut to length and it curves in and not out, then I place it so it ends up right on the side where I want it. Some just fold over a piece of flash and tie it in and I just don't care for that because you don't really control how it lays. It's just my way and I like to do things the way I would want it and I am a bit picky!

Skip
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum