Texas Fishing Forum

Did a Few More For a Guy

Posted By: Skip_48

Did a Few More For a Guy - 10/07/15 04:59 PM

So what do you guys think about his selection? He picked them all and really the Roadrunners he picked from my Favorites!

I was having trouble being right over the top of them because of a shadow from the camera. So will add the Roadrunners by themselves below.

Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Did a Few More For a Guy - 10/07/15 05:09 PM

WOW,..nice work.
Posted By: Roman Cherny

Re: Did a Few More For a Guy - 10/07/15 05:53 PM

Excellent job.
Posted By: SK.

Re: Did a Few More For a Guy - 10/07/15 06:03 PM

Wow I just tied a jig almost like that yellow body mine don't have the chart in the tail though....
Great work there Skip as always...
No eyes on the sickles?

Re: Did a Few More For a Guy - 10/07/15 06:08 PM

Thank you guys1

The Roadrunners I always put that Black eye on mostly because Blakemore does that. Not sure why I do, but since they let me paint, tie and sell these I just do that. The other are just regular 1/16 Oz jigs and no matter the kook type I don't do eyes unless someone insist and then I charge to paint them on. My personal jigs don't have eyes either unless it's a Roadrunner, LOL!

Only excuse I have for eyes on them, LOL!

I should also say the feather with the Green is FL Yellow. Someone else does that jig here and we booth have tied it for a really long time now, but it started with just Yellow and I expanded it a bit to FL Yellow.

Skip
Posted By: pepop

Re: Did a Few More For a Guy - 10/08/15 03:32 AM

Hey Skip, My monitor is kinda weird with color sometimes (or maybe it's my eye's) but is that right column with your Forest Green chenille? Again, EXCELLENT TIE's!!

Re: Did a Few More For a Guy - 10/08/15 03:36 AM

Originally Posted By: pepop
Hey Skip, My monitor is kinda weird with color sometimes (or maybe it's my eye's) but is that right column with your Forest Green chenille? Again, EXCELLENT TIE's!!

Thanks! That's Kelly Green and is Rayon.

Skip
Posted By: Matt Wilson

Re: Did a Few More For a Guy - 10/08/15 04:08 AM

Wow those roadrunners are deadly I bet.
Posted By: SK.

Re: Did a Few More For a Guy - 10/08/15 11:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Skip_48
Originally Posted By: pepop

Thanks! That's Kelly Green and is Rayon.

Skip

Oohhh wow, I was thinking black but upon a closer look that is a green.....
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Did a Few More For a Guy - 10/08/15 12:27 PM

Nicely done. Good job. cheers

Re: Did a Few More For a Guy - 10/08/15 01:12 PM

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments!

Skip
Posted By: plateboater

Re: Did a Few More For a Guy - 10/10/15 01:43 PM

As always learning from the masters.......excellent work! I would use 20lb test with those!
Posted By: CrappieNoob

Re: Did a Few More For a Guy - 10/15/15 09:56 AM

Skip,
What size are the RRs'? Digging the Chartreuse/Black, might have to see about buying a dozen for a soon trip to the NW

Re: Did a Few More For a Guy - 10/15/15 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: CrappieNoob
Skip,
What size are the RRs'? Digging the Chartreuse/Black, might have to see about buying a dozen for a soon trip to the NW

These are 1/32 Oz.

Skip
Posted By: Jay In Somerville

Re: Did a Few More For a Guy - 10/17/15 04:56 AM

As always Skip, nice jigs. Wish mine looked half as good as yours!!
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Did a Few More For a Guy - 10/17/15 10:17 AM

I have started using flo feathers in most of my sweet-water jigs. The only ones that don't have it are tyed from turkey feathers I harvest myself. Really good work Skip and he picked some great colors. It isn't easy tying that many of one pattern and have them all look the same.

cheers

Re: Did a Few More For a Guy - 10/17/15 02:17 PM

Thanks guys! Jig Man it does take a lot of tying to devolope habits that help and this is one place my OCD helps me, LOL! Spending, it's a different story, LOL! Flo feathers are very important I think for several reasons and fist and for most is they can be seen farther away by the fish. Not so much these fresh water fish, but some fish lite up so much that they seem to glow. Mostly here thinking about Dolphins here and not the porpoise kind like Flipper, LOL! When hooked and fighting them they really pop with color, so don't think nature looks at bright or glowing type colors as being not real.

Skip
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum