Texas Fishing Forum

Purple & White

Posted By: HMK

Purple & White - 09/06/15 02:22 AM

I haven't played with purple much.

Posted By: AggieKenny

Re: Purple & White - 09/06/15 02:30 AM

Looks good! I have a lot of fun with that kind of two tone pattern.
Posted By: ACAMS

Re: Purple & White - 09/06/15 02:31 AM

Looks good .... will probably work real good too!
Posted By: larry mays

Re: Purple & White - 09/06/15 02:35 AM

I like it, have used this color before but always with white on bottom. Your way looks like it should work.
Posted By: HMK

Re: Purple & White - 09/06/15 02:57 AM

Here's something else from tonight. Going crazy with colors tonight

Posted By: jasoniam

Re: Purple & White - 09/06/15 03:12 AM

hey that purple and chartruese is a deadly color combo..... I like it!!!!
Posted By: pepop

Re: Purple & White - 09/06/15 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: jasoniam
hey that purple and chartruese is a deadly color combo..... I like it!!!!

What Jason said! My Lake Palestine Special is a purple & chartreuse mix with a blue kicker in the tail. Works GREAT at the bridge in the Winter! My Grape Limeade has been a killer on Palestine since last Fall but it's a darker plum looking purple. Still, what you've got there outta murder them here! Great job!
Posted By: larry mays

Re: Purple & White - 09/06/15 06:06 PM

Purple is one of the top colors in plastic jigs, as they can play with the mixing and get what they want in color. The first couple months of this year on lake fork, The color of purple and white were tops, Also using a orange head had its day. The purple mixes well with white, chart, yellow and green.
Posted By: leanin post

Re: Purple & White - 09/06/15 08:17 PM

Can anone tie a hair jig to look like a texas toast slab bandit?

Re: Purple & White - 09/07/15 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: HMK
I haven't played with purple much.

this style body with the right colors would nail it!!!!!

Re: Purple & White - 09/07/15 08:00 PM

with a short pointed tail.
Posted By: Skip_48

Re: Purple & White - 09/08/15 02:27 PM

Purple and White looks good, but I hate to say this, but I like the LSU colors mixed more. However I would go with a FL Yellow with Purple for that. I do know one thing though, never associate a jigs colors with the School name you give it! I know from experience, I use to have a few jigs on my site with School names which started really just as a bet between guys from different states, one LSU and One Arkansas and the looser of that game had to buy the other some of my jigs in the winners school colors. LSU won the game so I made some jigs and put a picture on my site that named it the LSU Jig and went well so I did a few more school colors. Later on I got an email from lawyer telling me I had to take that off my site and couldn't use the school names and they represented a few of the schools. SO I took the names off and left the jig pictures on there!

So I am telling you do not name a jig after a school. I can not remember on what thread and where, but someone mentioned TCU and this is there colors so I thought I would mention this for an FYI!

Skip
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum