Texas Fishing Forum

Jigs

Posted By: larry mays

Jigs - 07/31/15 05:28 PM

The last time I cleaned the tackle box was 16 years ago. Yesterday started at it again, and had I would guest about 1000 hand tie's and maybe there is 6-7 dozen that I might use. So the kids and grand kids have full tackle boxes today. I hope to get it where I can find color and weight of what I need on the water. Does any of you have a good way to do this? I will be making more jigs so will be back to where I was within a year or so.
Posted By: REDGUN

Re: Jigs - 07/31/15 06:42 PM

I got this idea from TFF, but can't remember who I first saw post it?

I have a soft side tackle "bag" that holds 5 of these box's.

Re: Jigs - 07/31/15 09:14 PM

Thanks like that for sure. Did you just cut of the bottom deals out and when glue in the stuff for the hooks?
Posted By: REDGUN

Re: Jigs - 07/31/15 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: larry mays
Thanks like that for sure. Did you just cut of the bottom deals out and when glue in the stuff for the hooks?

Yes sir. I used real sturdy foam rubber , but cork will work also.

Be sure to scuff up the space that you plan on gluing the strips to, so the glue will stick.

Re: Jigs - 07/31/15 10:29 PM

Thank You know this will work.
Posted By: Dan_n_Texas

Re: Jigs - 08/06/15 11:11 PM

This is great. I'm going to ask my son to make this for me for my birthday.
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Jigs - 08/11/15 01:50 AM

If I had ta guess whom the tackle ho is, I would say... Let me think... do I really need ta say it??? I think he lives close to Palestine!!! roflmao
Posted By: pepop

Re: Jigs - 08/11/15 05:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Jig Man
If I had ta guess whom the tackle ho is, I would say... Let me think... do I really need ta say it??? I think he lives close to Palestine!!! roflmao

hmmm

Re: Jigs - 08/11/15 08:33 AM

After this old man has had time to think about it, My thinking is 12 dozens jigs is about right. I tie as needed all year anyway. And also I now use Plastic jigs half of the time, any of you who don't check out Belinda Box's line and you will.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum